Microsoft toolset for monitoring corporate data in third-party cloud apps is now available for all customers.
Companies are wary about what employees are doing on their smartphones. Be it data loss or time-wasting, a growing number of employers are actively stopping staff from using certain apps on company-controlled devices.
Two-factor authentication is often held up as a best practice for security in the online world, but Dropbox on Wednesday announced a new feature that's designed to make it even tougher.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
Dropbox took in a fresh infusion of team-collaboration technology and talent on Wednesday with the acquisition of San Francisco-based Clementine.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation released the latest version of its annual "Who Has Your Back" report on tech companies' data disclosure policies Wednesday afternoon, giving perfect five-star ratings to companies including Apple, Adobe, Dropbox and...
Security remains a big concern for businesses considering cloud storage, but Dropbox hopes to further calm their fears by integrating its service with enterprise mobile management products.
Dropbox wants to gain a stronger foothold in the enterprise, and on Thursday it rolled out several new Dropbox for Business features that sweeten the deal for corporate users.
Early this year, Dropbox released its cloud storage service on Windows phones and tablets, and on Tuesday the company followed up with a universal app that fleshes out the features for both types of devices.
Dropbox said on Wednesday it will pay rewards to independent researchers who find software flaws in its applications, joining a growing list companies who see merit in crowdsourcing parts of their security testing.
When it comes to sharing data in the cloud, there's more than one way to deliver security. There's encryption, for instance, which is used by services such as Dropbox to keep data safe. There's also technology such as Box's new Encryption Key Managem...
Long email threads can be an occupational hazard for those who collaborate frequently, but Dropbox on Tuesday announced two new features in its business offering that are designed specifically to help address that problem: in-file commenting capabili...
Android apps that use Dropbox for storage and are built using an older version of its SDK are vulnerable to an attack that can steal data, although Dropbox has released a fix, according to IBM security researchers.
Dropbox's Windows Phone app has only been out about a month, but on Friday it got a key update that includes the ability to work directly with shared folders.
Business users who rely on Dropbox to store and collaborate on files in the cloud have long shared a significant pain point: shared files initially viewed in the browser have to be downloaded before they can be edited on the desktop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT