Nvidia's much-hyped Tegra 2 CPU has finally found a home in a smartphone courtesy of LG's new Optimus 2X, which will be launched in Korea next month. As such, the Optimus 2X takes the honor of being the first dual-core phone to get to market.
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced a new series of smartphones with next-generation dual-core processors, which should provide a big leap in performance while maintaining device battery life.
Samsung has announced a dual-core application processor for tablets PCs, netbooks and smartphones that will be able to handle 1080p video playback and recording, the company said on Tuesday.
Online retailers have started selling netbooks with Intel's new dual-core Atom processor, ahead of official product announcements from PC makers.
Smartphones are on the verge of becoming more powerful, with chip makers readying dual-core chips that could accelerate multimedia and application performance on handheld devices.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia