A Duke University grad student has come up with a way to double, or more, battery life in Wi-Fi devices, without any changes needed on the device itself. Essentially, the technique regulates how long and when client radios sleep, so that data transfe...
Data center managers are well versed in distributing power efficiently to physical servers. But the proliferation of virtualization, with multiple virtual machines and applications running on a single piece of hardware, has made this task a lot more ...
One of the elements of Android that is often touted over iOS and other mobile platforms is that it is open source. The open nature of Android means that vendors can build on and extend the platform, or that developers are free to create apps unfetter...
Worried your Android apps are spying on you? You should be, according to a recent study that found several popular Android Apps regularly share your location and critical phone data such as your phone number with advertisers and others. Researchers...
A recent test of prototype security code for Android phones found that 15 of 30 free Android Market applications sent users' private information to remote advertising servers, without the users being aware of what was being sent or to whom. In some c...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT