PayPal was one of the first large online services providers to offer two-factor authentication to its users, but until recently the company's implementation had a loophole that could have allowed attackers to bypass this additional protection.
More fixes are appearing for a pair of highly dangerous vulnerabilities exposed earlier this month in the Android mobile operating system.
A vulnerability that has existed in Android for the past four years can allow hackers to modify any legitimate and digitally signed application in order to transform it into a Trojan program that can be used to steal data or take control of the OS.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Latest Android security update fixes Dirty COW, GPS vulnerabilities
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistSA
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD