PayPal was one of the first large online services providers to offer two-factor authentication to its users, but until recently the company's implementation had a loophole that could have allowed attackers to bypass this additional protection.
More fixes are appearing for a pair of highly dangerous vulnerabilities exposed earlier this month in the Android mobile operating system.
A vulnerability that has existed in Android for the past four years can allow hackers to modify any legitimate and digitally signed application in order to transform it into a Trojan program that can be used to steal data or take control of the OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW