Alibaba Group's Cloud computing and mobile business are surging, but its reported revenue in the second quarter missed analysts' estimates, amid a slowing Chinese economy.
Amid complaints that the e-commerce company does little to fight fake goods, China's Alibaba Group is giving foreign vendors a direct line to report any counterfeit products spotted on its retail sites.
Sprig, a startup whose mobile app lets users order food and have it delivered, is changing the status of its delivery drivers from contractors to employees.
Samsung Electronics is stepping up its payments push with the launch of a payment service that lets users buy content on some of its newer smart TVs.
Marissa Mayer knows fashion, and she's bringing more of it to Yahoo with her latest acquisition announced Friday.
Cloud services continue to grow by leaps and bounds for Amazon.com.
China's e-commerce market hasn't been easy for Walmart to crack, but the U.S. shopping giant isn't giving up. The company is investing even more in its e-commerce operations there, by taking full control of a Chinese online retailer.
EBay has reached a deal to sell its enterprise unit, a division focused on building and running online shopping sites for bricks-and-mortar retailers, for less than half than it paid four years ago.
Google is rolling out a new service that lets users buy retail items directly from the search results page on mobile devices, in an effort to make mobile search more useful and give advertisers a new way to attract customers.
An Italian court has overturned a €500,000 (US$550,000) fine imposed last December on the online travel company TripAdvisor for allegedly publishing misleading information in its reviews.
Amazon is doing its best to jack up sales by inventing a new shopping holiday, but one thing it hasn't invented is a new idea.
PayPal is acquiring Xoom, an international money transfer service, in a deal that lets PayPal break into a new market worth an estimated $600 billion a year, the companies said Wednesday.
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
Continuing its effort to catch up in the cloud, Oracle has unveiled a new software-as-a-service product aimed at e-commerce providers.
Amazon, eBay and Etsy have joined big retailers in removing Confederate flags and related items from their sites, in moves responding to increased vitriol over the symbol after a shooting last week at an African-American church in South Carolina.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia