Alibaba Group is targeting the U.S. market with a US$200 million investment in ShopRunner, an online retailer that competes with Amazon.com, a source familiar with the deal said Friday.
Software to help small businesses comply with an U.S. Internet sales tax would cost many businesses tens of thousands of dollars to roll out and nearly as much to maintain each year, according to a study released by opponents of the proposed tax.
Facebook is moving ahead with plans to test a new mobile feature to entice more people to buy products while shopping on smaller devices such as iPhones.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
Auction giant eBay wants to know how you feel about Bitcoin.
After seeing its popularity decline, Yahoo's Internet portal in China has formally closed down, in a sign that e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is transitioning away from the brand.
Ankur Nandwani is a news junkie who keeps hitting pay walls. He would pay for content, but not for a subscription.
A Bitcoin trade group met with representatives of several U.S government agencies Monday as regulators debate whether the online currency should comply with currency rules.
Chinese search giant Baidu plans to spend US$160 million to buy a majority stake in a leading group buying site in the country, part of a string of recent deals the company had made to bolster its Internet business.
A widely used Bitcoin wallet service plans to issue refunds to people who saw their bitcoins stolen as a result of a weakness in its application.
Facebook plans to test a new service designed to streamline the check-out process for people shopping on their mobile devices. It could become a competitor to other e-commerce players like PayPal.
San Francisco-based online payments startup Stripe expanded to the U.K. Thursday.
A prominent U.S. Senate committee has launched a formal inquiry to investigate criminal activity and other risks tied to the use of virtual currencies such as Bitcoins.
Bitcoin wallets on Android are vulnerable to theft because of problems in a component that generates secure random numbers, developers said.
There's a broad belief that bitcoin might just be the virtual currency that takes off in a big way. To do that, it will need to become a lot easier to use.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC