Web and mobile device users have little understanding about how much of their personal data is collected online, making it difficult to rely on free-market competition for solutions to privacy concerns, privacy experts told the U.S. Federal Trade Com...
Police in Romania, the Czech Republic, the U.K. and Canada have arrested six Romanian citizens accused of advertising and selling nonexistent automobiles on several U.S. websites in a multimillion-dollar scheme, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
An effort by three U.S. senators to add an Internet sales tax amendment to a military spending bill has failed, at least for now.
Pope Benedict XVI will extend his online presence to Twitter and start answering questions put to him via the social network in English and seven other languages.
Google has bought some more storage, but not the digital kind. The company has acquired BufferBox, a Canadian startup that offers temporary storage lockers where people can receive online purchases when they're not at home.
News of weak server sales, continuing turmoil at Hewlett-Packard and the ongoing U.S. political impasse over the so-called "fiscal cliff" have not given tech industry watchers much to cheer about this week.
Amazon.com has released its paid streaming video service on Nintendo's new Wii U console, with a host of titles free to users who subscribe to its Amazon Prime service.
U.S. residents can save nearly US$8,400 a year in entertainment, clothing, food and other expenses by subscribing to broadband, according to a study released Friday.
WordPress said Thursday it will accept bitcoins, opening up the blogging platform to payments from users in countries not supported by PayPal or credit card companies.
Cisco Systems and Qualcomm are putting their considerable wireless weight behind a system to make it easier for retail stores and other venues to offer information to visitors over Wi-Fi.
EBay launched a new e-commerce business in China with a local partner on Monday, marking the company's re-entry into an ultra-competitive market that once eluded its grasp. But this time, the company is focusing on a smaller market segment with a sit...
Online hotel-booking giant Priceline.com plans to acquire Kayak, another Internet-based travel company, for US$1.8 billion in cash and stock, the companies announced on Thursday.
MasterCard is testing new ways to make online transactions more secure with its PayPass application and a mobile phone, including using QR codes to secure the transactions.
Amazon.com, a latecomer to Japan's e-reader market, is slashing its Kindle prices in the country before it has shipped a single device.
Japan's Rakuten said Tuesday it will acquire a French logistics company that will allow it to provide same-day deliveries in Paris as well as next-day services across Europe.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW