Web and mobile device users have little understanding about how much of their personal data is collected online, making it difficult to rely on free-market competition for solutions to privacy concerns, privacy experts told the U.S. Federal Trade Com...
Police in Romania, the Czech Republic, the U.K. and Canada have arrested six Romanian citizens accused of advertising and selling nonexistent automobiles on several U.S. websites in a multimillion-dollar scheme, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
An effort by three U.S. senators to add an Internet sales tax amendment to a military spending bill has failed, at least for now.
Pope Benedict XVI will extend his online presence to Twitter and start answering questions put to him via the social network in English and seven other languages.
Google has bought some more storage, but not the digital kind. The company has acquired BufferBox, a Canadian startup that offers temporary storage lockers where people can receive online purchases when they're not at home.
News of weak server sales, continuing turmoil at Hewlett-Packard and the ongoing U.S. political impasse over the so-called "fiscal cliff" have not given tech industry watchers much to cheer about this week.
Amazon.com has released its paid streaming video service on Nintendo's new Wii U console, with a host of titles free to users who subscribe to its Amazon Prime service.
U.S. residents can save nearly US$8,400 a year in entertainment, clothing, food and other expenses by subscribing to broadband, according to a study released Friday.
WordPress said Thursday it will accept bitcoins, opening up the blogging platform to payments from users in countries not supported by PayPal or credit card companies.
Cisco Systems and Qualcomm are putting their considerable wireless weight behind a system to make it easier for retail stores and other venues to offer information to visitors over Wi-Fi.
EBay launched a new e-commerce business in China with a local partner on Monday, marking the company's re-entry into an ultra-competitive market that once eluded its grasp. But this time, the company is focusing on a smaller market segment with a sit...
Online hotel-booking giant Priceline.com plans to acquire Kayak, another Internet-based travel company, for US$1.8 billion in cash and stock, the companies announced on Thursday.
MasterCard is testing new ways to make online transactions more secure with its PayPass application and a mobile phone, including using QR codes to secure the transactions.
Amazon.com, a latecomer to Japan's e-reader market, is slashing its Kindle prices in the country before it has shipped a single device.
Japan's Rakuten said Tuesday it will acquire a French logistics company that will allow it to provide same-day deliveries in Paris as well as next-day services across Europe.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying $532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
- EMC World kicks off with cloud backup and cheaper flash arrays
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW