Web and mobile device users have little understanding about how much of their personal data is collected online, making it difficult to rely on free-market competition for solutions to privacy concerns, privacy experts told the U.S. Federal Trade Com...
Police in Romania, the Czech Republic, the U.K. and Canada have arrested six Romanian citizens accused of advertising and selling nonexistent automobiles on several U.S. websites in a multimillion-dollar scheme, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
An effort by three U.S. senators to add an Internet sales tax amendment to a military spending bill has failed, at least for now.
Pope Benedict XVI will extend his online presence to Twitter and start answering questions put to him via the social network in English and seven other languages.
Google has bought some more storage, but not the digital kind. The company has acquired BufferBox, a Canadian startup that offers temporary storage lockers where people can receive online purchases when they're not at home.
News of weak server sales, continuing turmoil at Hewlett-Packard and the ongoing U.S. political impasse over the so-called "fiscal cliff" have not given tech industry watchers much to cheer about this week.
Amazon.com has released its paid streaming video service on Nintendo's new Wii U console, with a host of titles free to users who subscribe to its Amazon Prime service.
U.S. residents can save nearly US$8,400 a year in entertainment, clothing, food and other expenses by subscribing to broadband, according to a study released Friday.
WordPress said Thursday it will accept bitcoins, opening up the blogging platform to payments from users in countries not supported by PayPal or credit card companies.
Cisco Systems and Qualcomm are putting their considerable wireless weight behind a system to make it easier for retail stores and other venues to offer information to visitors over Wi-Fi.
EBay launched a new e-commerce business in China with a local partner on Monday, marking the company's re-entry into an ultra-competitive market that once eluded its grasp. But this time, the company is focusing on a smaller market segment with a sit...
Online hotel-booking giant Priceline.com plans to acquire Kayak, another Internet-based travel company, for US$1.8 billion in cash and stock, the companies announced on Thursday.
MasterCard is testing new ways to make online transactions more secure with its PayPass application and a mobile phone, including using QR codes to secure the transactions.
Amazon.com, a latecomer to Japan's e-reader market, is slashing its Kindle prices in the country before it has shipped a single device.
Japan's Rakuten said Tuesday it will acquire a French logistics company that will allow it to provide same-day deliveries in Paris as well as next-day services across Europe.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW