Google has boosted the Android management features in Apps to help IT admins control access to the suite from users' Android smartphones and tablets.
Google will no longer scan the email messages of students and other school staff who use its Google Apps for Education suite, exempting about 30 million users from the chronically controversial practice for Gmail advertising.
Google did little during its first-quarter earnings report to shush critics who say its Enterprise unit is a second-class citizen in its kingdom.
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
Microsoft has added features to the text editor of Outlook Web App to improve its handling of text, tables, images and hyperlinks.
People can now earn a finder's fee when they refer customers to Google for its Apps email and collaboration suite.
Google has been scrambling for more than 24 hours to unclog a queue of messages sent to Gmail users that its Postini email filter incorrectly labeled as spam and quarantined.
Delays affected the delivery of messages to Gmail users Tuesday morning, days after key Google Web apps, including Docs and Drive, were hit by a bug lasting more than five hours.
A service disruption that lasted more than five hours made key Google Web apps malfunction on Thursday.
In appearances in September and October, Steve Ballmer said Microsoft would build native Office editions for iPads and Android tablets, but the company's marketing chief spoke with much less certainty when asked about this on Thursday.
IBM will house its email, communication and collaboration products in its Connections suite, whose scope until now has been limited to enterprise social networking (ESN) software.
Microsoft will roll out over the coming weeks enhanced administration tools for partners that manage their customers' Office 365 deployments.
Adhering to the saying "be quick but don't hurry," the State of Maryland is in the midst of three and a half year migration to Google Apps, saying the measured, deliberate rollout is a better approach than a big-bang implementation.
In a major move for data portability, Google will let users download their entire set of Gmail messages in a single file and do the same with their Google Calendar items.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC