The question about ebooks is not if they will pass print, but when.
Amazon.com announced the launch of an e-book lending library for Kindle users, that allows Amazon Prime members to borrow books for free, as frequently as a book a month, and without due dates.
Donald Trump has trained his eye for promotion on e-books, teaming up with Robert Kiyosaki, author of "Rich Dad Poor Dad," in a new twist on the traditional book-signing ceremony for newly published works.
If you're afraid you're not sharing enough of your daily activities with your online friends, here's another chance to get social...with books.
Amazon's plans to create a subscription-based lending library of e-books on the Kindle is just, at this point, a rumor -- but, despite the novelty of the idea, it's already running into problems, namely from major book publishers.
Barnes & Noble's Nook Color e-reader has proven to be a favorite among consumers and critics alike. With its 7-inch capacitive touchscreen and Android 2.1 operating system, it blurs the boundaries between e-reader and tablet. In fact, with a few simp...
Women have increasingly become the most frequent buyers of e-readers even as their interest in tablets and smartphones has remained relatively steady, according to Nielsen.
Readers who like to follow the bread crumb trails that gadget makers leave prior to the announcement of a new product might want to digest this morsel uncovered today in the whois registry: kindlescribe.com. This domain name, registered by Amazon.com...
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Barnes & Noble on Tuesday said it sold three times as many digital books through its website compared to physical books during the fourth fiscal quarter.
The Nook Color getting hacked isn't exactly new -- there are plenty of Nook Color hacks now, from installing different versions of Android to improving battery life or storage space. It's pretty exciting, then, when someone tests out a totally differ...
Ricoh on Tuesday announced a tablet-like device that can function as an e-reader and digital clipboard for enterprises to electronically write, capture and record documents.
U.S. bookseller Barnes & Noble might have found a buyer. On Thursday the maker of the Nook e-reader said it has received an acquisition proposal from media conglomerate Liberty Media.
Now that tablets are all the rage, it's easy to think e-readers may no longer have a market.
Barnes & Noble's Nook Color e-reader will receive a software update in April, transforming it into a cheap Android tablet. The Home Shopping Network (HSN) spilled the beans on the Nook software update via a product listing on its site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro review: This feature-packed 15-inch laptop makes a few compromises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC