If you were going on a vacation and you could only take one gadget, what would it be? How about if it's a business trip? Which is a better mobile computing device--a notebook? A netbook? A tablet? The thing is, not only is the choice for "best" a mat...
Google took a slap at Microsoft on Tuesday, saying the software giant's patent lawsuit against bookseller Barnes & Noble's Android-based e-reader stifles innovation.
Taiwan's international airport has opened what it calls the world's first in-transit e-library, offering 400 e-book titles to ease waiting-hall boredom while showcasing the island's high-tech capabilities.
Researchers at a Taiwan university said on Thursday they had found a way to use silk membranes in flexible electronic devices and started talks with manufacturers about adopting the unusual but cheap material.
French media player manufacturer Archos picked Cebit to launch a color e-reader with a 7-inch touch-sensitive screen, and also announced the first tablet devices in a new budget-priced range it will brand Arnova.
So, you bought a NookColor. It's a cool device, but if you've had one for a while and find that the novelty is slowly wearing off, you might be wondering what else Barnes & Noble's touchscreen e-reader can do. Wonder no more: Hackers have been ha...
Android Honeycomb won't be officially introduced until Google's big event on February 2nd, but it's already been hacked onto a tablet. And who else would be behind the hack other than a member of the XDA Developers Forum?
When e-book lending came to the Nook - and then eventually to the Kindle - it opened the gates for e-reader owners to connect and spread the wealth of literature. But despite the popularity of e-readers, chances are that not all of your book-loving f...
During its earnings announcement today, Amazon released some tantalizing tidbits that show just how its book business has evolved in the past year. The company still won't discuss hard and fast numbers for actual Kindle devices sold, or books sold fo...
CES certainly didn’t put the XDA Developers forum users off from their usual tinkering. Ever since first getting jailbroken, the Nook Color has had plenty of hacker’s attention, mainly getting Android and Angry Birds (and then potentially blowing up)...
Amazon is on track to sell eight million Kindles this year. That's 60 percent more of the electronic readers than analysts predicted would be sold, <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-12-21/amazon-com-kindle-sales-are-said-to-exceed-estima...
Playing up one advantage of the iPad over E-ink readers, Apple said on Tuesday that it will launch more than 100 color e-books in its iBookstore. And not just children's books, either -- among Apple's new offerings are "Ad Hoc at Home," a cookbook by...
Amazon isn't accepting the launch of Google's eBookstore without a fight: the company will unveil a revamped Web-only version of its Kindle app today, according to a Computerworld report.
Google announced Google eBooks and Google eBookstore on Monday, launching a long-anticipated cloud-based system to allow readers to buy e-books online from a choice of booksellers and to read them with a variety of devices.
Retailers in Japan began accepting reservations for Sharp's new Galapagos media tablet on Friday ahead of its launch next week. Sharp hopes to sell a million of the devices and in doing so take the lead in Japan from competitors like Apple's iPad and...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victim's wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA