If you were going on a vacation and you could only take one gadget, what would it be? How about if it's a business trip? Which is a better mobile computing device--a notebook? A netbook? A tablet? The thing is, not only is the choice for "best" a mat...
Google took a slap at Microsoft on Tuesday, saying the software giant's patent lawsuit against bookseller Barnes & Noble's Android-based e-reader stifles innovation.
Taiwan's international airport has opened what it calls the world's first in-transit e-library, offering 400 e-book titles to ease waiting-hall boredom while showcasing the island's high-tech capabilities.
Researchers at a Taiwan university said on Thursday they had found a way to use silk membranes in flexible electronic devices and started talks with manufacturers about adopting the unusual but cheap material.
French media player manufacturer Archos picked Cebit to launch a color e-reader with a 7-inch touch-sensitive screen, and also announced the first tablet devices in a new budget-priced range it will brand Arnova.
So, you bought a NookColor. It's a cool device, but if you've had one for a while and find that the novelty is slowly wearing off, you might be wondering what else Barnes & Noble's touchscreen e-reader can do. Wonder no more: Hackers have been ha...
Android Honeycomb won't be officially introduced until Google's big event on February 2nd, but it's already been hacked onto a tablet. And who else would be behind the hack other than a member of the XDA Developers Forum?
When e-book lending came to the Nook - and then eventually to the Kindle - it opened the gates for e-reader owners to connect and spread the wealth of literature. But despite the popularity of e-readers, chances are that not all of your book-loving f...
During its earnings announcement today, Amazon released some tantalizing tidbits that show just how its book business has evolved in the past year. The company still won't discuss hard and fast numbers for actual Kindle devices sold, or books sold fo...
CES certainly didn’t put the XDA Developers forum users off from their usual tinkering. Ever since first getting jailbroken, the Nook Color has had plenty of hacker’s attention, mainly getting Android and Angry Birds (and then potentially blowing up)...
Amazon is on track to sell eight million Kindles this year. That's 60 percent more of the electronic readers than analysts predicted would be sold, <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-12-21/amazon-com-kindle-sales-are-said-to-exceed-estima...
Playing up one advantage of the iPad over E-ink readers, Apple said on Tuesday that it will launch more than 100 color e-books in its iBookstore. And not just children's books, either -- among Apple's new offerings are "Ad Hoc at Home," a cookbook by...
Amazon isn't accepting the launch of Google's eBookstore without a fight: the company will unveil a revamped Web-only version of its Kindle app today, according to a Computerworld report.
Google announced Google eBooks and Google eBookstore on Monday, launching a long-anticipated cloud-based system to allow readers to buy e-books online from a choice of booksellers and to read them with a variety of devices.
Retailers in Japan began accepting reservations for Sharp's new Galapagos media tablet on Friday ahead of its launch next week. Sharp hopes to sell a million of the devices and in doing so take the lead in Japan from competitors like Apple's iPad and...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Schneider Electric PLC simulator flaw exposes workstations to hacking
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperVIC
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC