If you were going on a vacation and you could only take one gadget, what would it be? How about if it's a business trip? Which is a better mobile computing device--a notebook? A netbook? A tablet? The thing is, not only is the choice for "best" a mat...
Google took a slap at Microsoft on Tuesday, saying the software giant's patent lawsuit against bookseller Barnes & Noble's Android-based e-reader stifles innovation.
Taiwan's international airport has opened what it calls the world's first in-transit e-library, offering 400 e-book titles to ease waiting-hall boredom while showcasing the island's high-tech capabilities.
Researchers at a Taiwan university said on Thursday they had found a way to use silk membranes in flexible electronic devices and started talks with manufacturers about adopting the unusual but cheap material.
French media player manufacturer Archos picked Cebit to launch a color e-reader with a 7-inch touch-sensitive screen, and also announced the first tablet devices in a new budget-priced range it will brand Arnova.
So, you bought a NookColor. It's a cool device, but if you've had one for a while and find that the novelty is slowly wearing off, you might be wondering what else Barnes & Noble's touchscreen e-reader can do. Wonder no more: Hackers have been ha...
Android Honeycomb won't be officially introduced until Google's big event on February 2nd, but it's already been hacked onto a tablet. And who else would be behind the hack other than a member of the XDA Developers Forum?
When e-book lending came to the Nook - and then eventually to the Kindle - it opened the gates for e-reader owners to connect and spread the wealth of literature. But despite the popularity of e-readers, chances are that not all of your book-loving f...
During its earnings announcement today, Amazon released some tantalizing tidbits that show just how its book business has evolved in the past year. The company still won't discuss hard and fast numbers for actual Kindle devices sold, or books sold fo...
CES certainly didn’t put the XDA Developers forum users off from their usual tinkering. Ever since first getting jailbroken, the Nook Color has had plenty of hacker’s attention, mainly getting Android and Angry Birds (and then potentially blowing up)...
Amazon is on track to sell eight million Kindles this year. That's 60 percent more of the electronic readers than analysts predicted would be sold, <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-12-21/amazon-com-kindle-sales-are-said-to-exceed-estima...
Playing up one advantage of the iPad over E-ink readers, Apple said on Tuesday that it will launch more than 100 color e-books in its iBookstore. And not just children's books, either -- among Apple's new offerings are "Ad Hoc at Home," a cookbook by...
Amazon isn't accepting the launch of Google's eBookstore without a fight: the company will unveil a revamped Web-only version of its Kindle app today, according to a Computerworld report.
Google announced Google eBooks and Google eBookstore on Monday, launching a long-anticipated cloud-based system to allow readers to buy e-books online from a choice of booksellers and to read them with a variety of devices.
Retailers in Japan began accepting reservations for Sharp's new Galapagos media tablet on Friday ahead of its launch next week. Sharp hopes to sell a million of the devices and in doing so take the lead in Japan from competitors like Apple's iPad and...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW