Just as MP3s changed the way we listen to music, Amazon wants to shake up our reading habits with Kindle Singles.
BenQ launched its second-generation e-reader on Friday, a device able to download e-books via Wi-Fi or 3G networks and take notes using the touchscreen.
Sharp will enter the e-book market this December with two Android-based readers that it collectively hopes will sell a million units within their first year on sale. The aggressive sales target is matched with an equally aggressive plan to enter the ...
Samsung Mobile's iPad competitor, the Galaxy Tab, will be available through all four major U.S. wireless carriers.
Book retailer Barnes & Noble expects to generate US$1 billion in revenue from sales of digital books, including e-books and e-textbooks, by 2013, the company said on Thursday.
In ancient times, the elite read their sacred writings, histories, philosophical musings and more on materials such as clay tablets, papyrus leaves and vellum scrolls. Somewhere around the first century, the paper-and-ink book appeared, and the inven...
The e-reader market is constantly moving, with new models being introduced (and prices dropping) on almost a weekly rate. The latest additions are from Sony, which has revamped its line of Sony Reader e-book readers. While two out of the three new mo...
Amazon's Kindle e-book reader and Apple's iPad tablet have a lot more in common than you'd think. Both devices have sparked a revolution in mobile computing, are selling like hotcakes, and brought e-books to the masses.
Facebook and Twitter users are complaining about their accounts being compromised and then being used to spam friends with suspicious "free iPad offers."
Asustek Computer plans to launch its long awaited Eee Tablet with an 8-inch LCD touchscreen in October for around US$300, though prices vary by market.
Shanda Literature, one of China's largest online publishers, released a new e-reader called Bambook this week, making it available to a select number of customers.
Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
Amazon.com's announcement late Wednesday that it will launch a new version of its Kindle e-book reader in August could further stoke a price battle between major players in the e-reader market.
Amazon took it's time with its latest Kindle-and that time has paid off in spades.
Japan's Sharp plans to enter the increasingly competitive e-book reader market later this year with a device that can read a new e-publishing file format of its own, it said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW