Just as MP3s changed the way we listen to music, Amazon wants to shake up our reading habits with Kindle Singles.
BenQ launched its second-generation e-reader on Friday, a device able to download e-books via Wi-Fi or 3G networks and take notes using the touchscreen.
Sharp will enter the e-book market this December with two Android-based readers that it collectively hopes will sell a million units within their first year on sale. The aggressive sales target is matched with an equally aggressive plan to enter the ...
Samsung Mobile's iPad competitor, the Galaxy Tab, will be available through all four major U.S. wireless carriers.
Book retailer Barnes & Noble expects to generate US$1 billion in revenue from sales of digital books, including e-books and e-textbooks, by 2013, the company said on Thursday.
In ancient times, the elite read their sacred writings, histories, philosophical musings and more on materials such as clay tablets, papyrus leaves and vellum scrolls. Somewhere around the first century, the paper-and-ink book appeared, and the inven...
The e-reader market is constantly moving, with new models being introduced (and prices dropping) on almost a weekly rate. The latest additions are from Sony, which has revamped its line of Sony Reader e-book readers. While two out of the three new mo...
Amazon's Kindle e-book reader and Apple's iPad tablet have a lot more in common than you'd think. Both devices have sparked a revolution in mobile computing, are selling like hotcakes, and brought e-books to the masses.
Facebook and Twitter users are complaining about their accounts being compromised and then being used to spam friends with suspicious "free iPad offers."
Asustek Computer plans to launch its long awaited Eee Tablet with an 8-inch LCD touchscreen in October for around US$300, though prices vary by market.
Shanda Literature, one of China's largest online publishers, released a new e-reader called Bambook this week, making it available to a select number of customers.
Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
Amazon.com's announcement late Wednesday that it will launch a new version of its Kindle e-book reader in August could further stoke a price battle between major players in the e-reader market.
Amazon took it's time with its latest Kindle-and that time has paid off in spades.
Japan's Sharp plans to enter the increasingly competitive e-book reader market later this year with a device that can read a new e-publishing file format of its own, it said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia