Predictions for the Kindle's death at the hands of the iPad appear to have been premature as Amazon on Monday reported strong growth in sales of its popular e-reader after dropping the price to US$189.
It will take you longer to read a book on an iPad or Kindle compared to the printed page, according to a recent study.
Amazon.com is keeping up the pressure on competitors in the electronic book market and will launch on July 7 a new version of its Kindle DX that features a better screen and costs US$110 less than the current model.
Amazon had no choice but to slash the price of the Kindle DX, the bookseller's oversized e-reader, to $US379--a substantial $US110 drop. The device is facing competitive pressure at both ends of the e-book spectrum, and it increasingly looks like an...
Amazon has suddenly chopped a hefty $70 off the price of its Kindle eBook reader and Apple's iPad is getting the credit.
Asustek Computer on Monday unveiled two Eee Pad tablets running Windows software and, an e-reader, the Eee Tablet, with a note-taking function.
It's too soon to call the iPad a game-changing tech success story, but that lofty title gets closer by the week. With soaring sales, huge gains as an e-reader, real cuts into the netbook market, and sky-high (albeit early) customer satisfaction rates...
Microsoft is sending out invitations to a mystery event for press and analysts on April 12 that could be the unveiling of a new "Pink" smartphone or a new "Courier" tablet/ e-reader that opens like a book with dual screens.
eReaders are about to get hotter, faster and cheaper. Freescale Semiconductor -- makers of the guts behind Amazon's Kindle and Sony's Reader -- announced it has created a chip that will rock the eReader world. The forthcoming i.MX508 processor will d...
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
The new nReader by BenQ launched in Taipei on Wednesday as part of the Taipei International Book Exhibition (TIBE) 2010, and the company is already planning note-taking capabilities for its next generation model due out in April.
When Amazon released its first-generation Kindle, the company was light years ahead of the market, with virtually no competition for digital readers’ eyeballs. In 2010, though, the e-reader universe is not only set to explode, but it’s also set to fr...
Samsung is showing four new e-readers in its booth at the International Consumer Electronics Show, two more than it announced at an earlier press conference.
The early e-reader is feeling pressure from Nook and other upcoming devices.
BenQ put its nReader on display at Taiwan's IT Month exhibition in Taipei and representatives say it will roll out in Taiwan and China this January for NT$8,990 (US$280).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW