In what may be a low-tech answer to a high-tech issue, US election officials say early voting across the nation may have led to fewer Election Day e-voting problems in many states this year.
Are some touch-screen voting machines really "flipping" votes from one candidate to another, or are the voters who claim their votes are being changed just wrong?
Pamela Smith, a longtime critic of electronic voting machines, is worried more about long lines on Tuesday, election day in the US.
"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." -- Joseph Stalin
Technology has played a particularly prominent role in the 2008 US elections -- and it isn't just the typical silliness over whether a candidate really claimed to have invented a key piece of technology. Throughout the year we've seen technological a...
With about four weeks to go before the US presidential election, states across the US are preparing for heavy voter turnout that could cause problems for local elections officials and electronic voting systems.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW