In what may be a low-tech answer to a high-tech issue, US election officials say early voting across the nation may have led to fewer Election Day e-voting problems in many states this year.
Are some touch-screen voting machines really "flipping" votes from one candidate to another, or are the voters who claim their votes are being changed just wrong?
Pamela Smith, a longtime critic of electronic voting machines, is worried more about long lines on Tuesday, election day in the US.
"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." -- Joseph Stalin
Technology has played a particularly prominent role in the 2008 US elections -- and it isn't just the typical silliness over whether a candidate really claimed to have invented a key piece of technology. Throughout the year we've seen technological a...
With about four weeks to go before the US presidential election, states across the US are preparing for heavy voter turnout that could cause problems for local elections officials and electronic voting systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft SQL DBAVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT