The former chief information officer of the New South Wales Electoral Commission who oversaw the development of its iVote Internet voting platform says that the partial use of electronic voting offers significant advantages, but doesn’t see a need fo...
Coalition leader Malcolm Turnbull and Labor leader Bill Shorten have both endorsed Australia moving towards the use of electronic voting for federal elections.
With the results of the Federal Election still undetermined, debate rages about whether the use of electronic voting by way of computer stations at polling booths, online voting or voting via a mobile phone could have quickened the outcome.
A push to allow Internet voting in elections is growing stronger along with advances in the underlying technology, but systems are not yet secure enough to use with relative certainty that the vote counts will be accurate, according to a new report.
The U.S. and other nations should look toward Internet voting to make it easier for disabled and elderly people to cast ballots, and to increase participation among young people, but online security remains a huge hurdle, according to a new paper for...
A bug in an e-voting application halted the release of European, federal and regional election results in Belgium, the country's interior ministry said Monday.
The electronic voting system that has been used in Estonia since 2005 cannot guarantee fair elections because of fundamental security weaknesses and poor operational procedures, according to an international team of security and Internet voting resea...
A successful online poll to measure support for the independence of Italy's northeastern Veneto region has demonstrated the sophistication of the area's IT businesses and the maturity of e-voting technology, according to the man who organized the uno...
A proposal by Google to offer voter lookup services was declined by the Election Commission of India, after cybersecurity experts and political parties voiced concern about the plan's security implications.
India's Supreme Court has directed the country's Election Commission to introduce a paper backup of votes cast through electronic voting machines, but allowed the commission to introduce it in stages during general elections next year.
U.S. President Barack Obama won re-election Tuesday night, topping 270 electoral votes to defeat Republican challenger Mitt Romney just after 11 p.m. ET.
India's Election Commission plans to test in July new electronic voting machines (EVMs) that will offer a voter a verifiable paper trail, following criticism from political parties and activists that the machines could be tampered with.
India's Election Commission is considering introducing paper trails to its electronic voting machines (EVMs), following criticism that the machines could be tampered with.
Election fraud and vote tampering is as old as government. Before the American Revolution, most voting was done by voice. Voters would call out their pick for all to hear, which lead to intimidation and other nefarious tactics by those hoping to impa...
Why spend millions of dollars campaigning when you can hack an election for less than 100 grand?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC