Hackers create 57,000 new web pages every week in a bid to infect web users with malicious software, says PandaLabs.
Look out Google, you may have a new, unlikely challenger.
A firm owned by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has filed a lawsuit against Google, Apple, Facebook, and other companies alleging that they have violated patents related to search, multimedia, screen pop-ups and database management.
Would-be Internet telephony giant Skype has filed the paperwork for an initial public offering (IPO) on Nasdaq, the company has announced.
Three weeks ago, telecommunications company IDT Corp. filed a civil antitrust complaint against eBay and Skype, but the companies, which have also been in a patent dispute since 2006, have now settled all their differences.
A company called XPRT Ventures has sued eBay for patent infringement, asking the court for US$3.8 billion in damages.
The uproar over the iPhone 4's call reception, and Apple's suggestion that users slap a case around their new phone, has delayed shipments of the company's own "bumper" casing and driven up prices on eBay.
At a news conference attended by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Silicon Valley start-up today took the wraps off a fuel cell designed to enable individual homes and businesses to generate their own...
A Silicon Valley start-up is getting ready to unveil an energy device this week that executives say could one day power individual homes and businesses while replacing the traditional power grid.
Growth at PayPal and its core auction business helped eBay beat analyst expectations for the fourth quarter.
A French court has fined eBay €1.7 million (US$2.5 million) for failing to comply with an earlier ruling that required the online retailer to prevent the sale of certain brands of perfume to French consumers on its sites.
Bertrand Piccard and Brian Jones became the first people to circumnavigate the Earth in a hot air balloon in 1999. It was also the year 55 per cent of Australians voted against becoming a republic in a referendum, and New Zealand elected its first fe...
A Seattle judge ruled in favor of a man arguing that he has the right to sell secondhand software, in a case that had some people worried about an end to used-book and CD stores.
Yahoo is opening its newly redesigned home page to external developers so that they can build applications for it, the company said Tuesday.
The man in charge of Sun Microsystems' global data-center strategy and a noted speaker on data-center energy efficiency is leaving Sun to work at eBay, he said on Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA