EBay Tuesday announced it has signed an agreement to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors in a deal that values the business at US$2.75 billion.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
EBay has reached an agreement to sell a 65 percent stake in its Skype Internet telephony, video conferencing and instant messaging unit for $1.9 billion in cash to an investor group led by Silver Lake.
EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
The latest worldwide statistics for search engine queries don't paint a pretty picture for Google competitors.
EBay's ambitious project to remake its Selling Manager set of e-commerce tools into an open platform and repository of third-party applications reached another milestone on Monday when it was opened to the marketplace's sellers.
Members of the eBay Developers Program must change their account passwords because the e-commerce company recently discovered a way in which account information could be accessed by malicious hackers.
When security expert Bruce Schneier tried to sell a used laptop on eBay, he thought it would be easy. Instead, a sale was aborted twice -- first by a scammer using a hacked eBay account and then by a buyer who tried to trick Schneier into sending her...
EBay cannot be held legally accountable for the sale of fake L'Oreal goods, including perfumes and face creams, on its Web site, according to a decision in the U.K. High Court.
A two-year-old court decision allowing manufacturers to set the minimum prices that retailers can charge for their products is driving up prices U.S. buyers pay for a range of products and hurting Internet sellers, three witnesses told a U.S. Senate ...
Register your contact details at www.ebay.com.au. Choose an eBay User ID and password so you’ve got a trading identity on the site. Once you’ve found a name that’s available, complete the process, confirming your registration by copying the link eBay...
PayPal will target developers as it seeks to expand beyond its traditional eBay boundaries.
Officials with eBay encouraged police, prosecutors and U.S. enforcement agencies to contact them for help on investigations, saying that working with law enforcement is a top priority for the huge retail and auction site.
Now that eBay has set a tentative timetable for spinning off Skype, the question becomes whether the Internet phone company can become a legitimate force as a voice service provider.
Analysts today called Tuesday's announcement that eBay Inc. is looking to spin off Skype via an initial public offering a smart move by the online auction house as it tries to get its house back in order.<br/>
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Meet PC Building Simulator, a DIY teaching tool that could be the novice's best friend
- Switching from Mac to PC, Part 3: The software challenge
- UK official wants police access to WhatsApp messages
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- FTSenior BANSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support Consultant (Oracle SQL, Unix scripting)NSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Project Manager ( IT Infrastructure)ACT
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW