The worst is over for technology spending and the sector is set to rebound this year, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
There's never been a better time to get involved in cybercrime.
Gartner Tuesday released updated worldwide IT spending numbers that show the ongoing economic recession and declining revenues across all major segments of IT drove forecasts down 6% in 2009 to a total of US$3.2 trillion.
Sony reported Thursday a loss for its fiscal year ended March 31, hit by the slowdown of the global economy, the appreciation of the yen, and a decline in the Japanese stock market.
Although Microsoft's next operating system is months away from release, the recession is already having an impact on Windows 7, a survey of 320 corporate administrators said today.
Despite monthly costs of $70 or more for voice and data service on new smartphones such as the Palm Pre, consumers and business users have been lining up to buy the devices when they first go on sale as if the recession had never hit.
In the past decade, Microsoft's steady, uninterrupted sales growth has been matched by only one thing: its steady hiring.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT