The worst is over for technology spending and the sector is set to rebound this year, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
There's never been a better time to get involved in cybercrime.
Gartner Tuesday released updated worldwide IT spending numbers that show the ongoing economic recession and declining revenues across all major segments of IT drove forecasts down 6% in 2009 to a total of US$3.2 trillion.
Sony reported Thursday a loss for its fiscal year ended March 31, hit by the slowdown of the global economy, the appreciation of the yen, and a decline in the Japanese stock market.
Although Microsoft's next operating system is months away from release, the recession is already having an impact on Windows 7, a survey of 320 corporate administrators said today.
Despite monthly costs of $70 or more for voice and data service on new smartphones such as the Palm Pre, consumers and business users have been lining up to buy the devices when they first go on sale as if the recession had never hit.
In the past decade, Microsoft's steady, uninterrupted sales growth has been matched by only one thing: its steady hiring.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW