The worst is over for technology spending and the sector is set to rebound this year, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
There's never been a better time to get involved in cybercrime.
Gartner Tuesday released updated worldwide IT spending numbers that show the ongoing economic recession and declining revenues across all major segments of IT drove forecasts down 6% in 2009 to a total of US$3.2 trillion.
Sony reported Thursday a loss for its fiscal year ended March 31, hit by the slowdown of the global economy, the appreciation of the yen, and a decline in the Japanese stock market.
Although Microsoft's next operating system is months away from release, the recession is already having an impact on Windows 7, a survey of 320 corporate administrators said today.
Despite monthly costs of $70 or more for voice and data service on new smartphones such as the Palm Pre, consumers and business users have been lining up to buy the devices when they first go on sale as if the recession had never hit.
In the past decade, Microsoft's steady, uninterrupted sales growth has been matched by only one thing: its steady hiring.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCService DeskWA
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA