A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at ending the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records across the country.
Several technology and digital rights groups have praised a U.S. Senate move toward passing legislation that would rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records collection program.
U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The U.S. Congress is unlikely to pass legislation to end the National Security Agency's widespread collection of U.S. telephone records before leaving Washington, D.C., on a two-month break.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD