U.S. lawmakers opposed to a controversial copyright enforcement bill scheduled for a hearing Wednesday are working on alternative legislation that would be more narrowly focused on infringing websites, two opponents of the bill said.
The Office of U.S. Trade Representative has asked the Chinese government to explain its policies related to blocking some websites in an effort to gauge the impact on U.S. small businesses operating in China, the agency said Wednesday.
Seven state attorneys general have joined a U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit attempting to block AT&T's US$39 billion acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Industries that rely on fair use exceptions to U.S. copyright law have weathered the recent slow economy better than other businesses, according to a new study released by a tech trade group.
Two U.S. agencies reviewing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA should reject it because it's anticompetitive and will hurt consumers and the U.S. tech industry, three antitrust experts said Tuesday.
The U.S. Senate has passed an overhaul of the U.S. patent system, but has removed some controversial provisions limiting damage awards in infringement lawsuits.
The U.S. Senate is debating an overhaul of the nation's patent system this week, but several technology groups have opposed the bill, saying it would hurt innovation and overload the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Leaders of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee have circulated proposed changes to a controversial bill that would force domain name registrars to shut down websites that allegedly infringe copyright, but the tweaks don't go far enough for some criti...
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration will seek to aggressively enforce its intellectual property laws by putting pressure on countries that don't shut down piracy Web sites and by requiring all government contractors to check for illegal soft...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC