Air passengers entering or leaving the European Union could soon have their personal details stored and shared among EU countries, after lawmakers voted Wednesday to move forward with the proposal.
Last week justice ministers from across the European Union called on ISPs to conduct voluntary censorship of online content -- but documents in preparation for a meeting of telecoms ministers suggest such a move could be illegal.
The Swedish Security Service wants direct access to systems used by service providers to collect information on user communications, but the providers are convinced that would be a threat to data privacy.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA