Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
education in pictures
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
STEM skills should be taught at a much younger age if there is any hope of filling the growing skills gap, according to Hays Recruitment's A/NZ boss, Nick Deligiannis.
Year 12 student, Laura Johnston, chose not to pick a single STEM subject to study for her higher school certificate because she didn’t want to ruin her Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra has announced it is opening a Masters in Cyber Security, Strategy and Diplomacy – Australia’s first ever course devoted to cyber war and peace.
Microsoft announced a private beta for a pair of new services Wednesday aimed at making its Office 365 service work better in schools.
Tyler Kresch isn't turning to graduate school to help him change his job from tech sales to running a startup; instead he's taking massive open online courses (MOOCs) to learn the IT skills necessary for that career move.
Apple Australia is helping school and uni students get back to school by offering rebates on selected Mac computers including the popular MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks, and iMac desktops.
University students just can't do without their gadgets. We look at the technology that's been a must-have for students from the 1950s to the present day.
Whitepapers about education
This report details the observations and findings from nine in-depth interviews and executive roundtable discussions conducted by IBRS in 2012 regarding BYOD in education <span style="color:#0000ff;">powered by Intel®</span>. • The more significant issue for education was not the device but the delivery of software and services that impact educational activities • There is not one approach that fits all educational institutions – or even a single approach that can be used across a single school • A broad cross-section of peers involved from across the education spectrum were represented at each roundtable, held in seven cities across ANZ region</p>
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
- Facebook's plan to disrupt cellular gets big-name support
- US state officials worry about their ability to respond to cyberattacks
- French tax police raid Google’s Paris office
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW