Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
education in pictures
Digital technology is to be formally integrated into the New Zealand school curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, but has been denied the status of a separate learning area, sparking protest from industry.
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
STEM skills should be taught at a much younger age if there is any hope of filling the growing skills gap, according to Hays Recruitment's A/NZ boss, Nick Deligiannis.
Year 12 student, Laura Johnston, chose not to pick a single STEM subject to study for her higher school certificate because she didn’t want to ruin her Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra has announced it is opening a Masters in Cyber Security, Strategy and Diplomacy – Australia’s first ever course devoted to cyber war and peace.
Tyler Kresch isn't turning to graduate school to help him change his job from tech sales to running a startup; instead he's taking massive open online courses (MOOCs) to learn the IT skills necessary for that career move.
Apple Australia is helping school and uni students get back to school by offering rebates on selected Mac computers including the popular MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks, and iMac desktops.
University students just can't do without their gadgets. We look at the technology that's been a must-have for students from the 1950s to the present day.
Whitepapers about education
This report details the observations and findings from nine in-depth interviews and executive roundtable discussions conducted by IBRS in 2012 regarding BYOD in education <span style="color:#0000ff;">powered by Intel®</span>. • The more significant issue for education was not the device but the delivery of software and services that impact educational activities • There is not one approach that fits all educational institutions – or even a single approach that can be used across a single school • A broad cross-section of peers involved from across the education spectrum were represented at each roundtable, held in seven cities across ANZ region</p>
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA