The University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra has announced it is opening a Masters in Cyber Security, Strategy and Diplomacy – Australia’s first ever course devoted to cyber war and peace.
Microsoft announced a private beta for a pair of new services Wednesday aimed at making its Office 365 service work better in schools.
China's Tsinghua University has teamed up with the University of Washington and Microsoft to launch the Global Innovation Exchange (GIX) -- a tech-focused graduate school that's the first of its kind.
Take a quick tour through the C-suite of any major corporation today, and there's a good chance you'll see some titles that weren't there a few years ago: chief data officer, chief data scientist, chief analytics officer, to name just a few.
The Los Angeles Unified School District is seeking a multimillion dollar refund from Apple over a failed project to provide 650,000 students with iPads they could use at home.
U.S. President Barack Obama is expected to call Monday for new federal legislation requiring hacked private companies to report quickly the compromise of consumer data.
Making clear that it's serious about its foray into education software, Google has pushed out a set of enhancements for its Classroom app, barely two months after its release.
Microsoft and other companies that provide education technologies and services to U.S. schools aim to assuage parents' concerns about the collection and handling of student data with a pledge to protect that data.
Workday has made good on a promise it issued a year ago with the release Thursday of Workday Student Recruiting, the first in a series of apps it's developing for higher education institutions.
Intel has teamed with Indian education startup Metis Learning on an Android tablet that aims to keep children away from violent TV content and games on their parents' smartphones.
U.S. schools could get a cool billion to set up Wi-Fi networks to connect more than 10 million more students by the 2015-2016 school year under a new FCC proposal.
Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
Leaders of key technology companies including Microsoft, Google, Twitter and Salesforce.com have written to the Governor of California Jerry Brown offering to partner with the state to increase computer education in kindergarten to 12th grade schools...
Microsoft is throwing open an advertisement-free version of its Bing search engine to all eligible kindergarten to 12th grade schools in the U.S., after completing the pilot stage of this program that was first run in five large public school distric...
Nearly seven in 10 U.S. voters would pay a higher tax on their mobile phone bills if the money went toward wiring schools with faster broadband networks, according to a new survey.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Updated: Telstra's mobile network goes down across the country
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW