Tests on the latest version of Adobe System's e-reader software shows the company is now collecting less data following a privacy-related dustup last month, according to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
The contentious debate about net neutrality in the U.S. has sparked controversy over a lack of funding transparency for advocacy groups and think tanks, which critics say subverts the political process.
Federal judges challenged attorneys on Wednesday to clarify the rationale and constitutionality of government data requests, in a line of questioning that may ultimately introduce greater transparency into what is now a tightly cloaked process.
Future versions of the Firefox OS mobile platform will allow users to control application-specific permissions, a feature with both privacy and security benefits that's missing on Android.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation, a digital privacy rights group, has released a downloadable plugin for Chrome and Firefox designed to stop third parties from tracking people's Web browsing.
Advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation wants to address the poor security track record of home routers with a new firmware project that will encourage users to share their Internet connection publicly by setting up guest Wi-Fi networks.
Researchers are gearing up to hack an array of different home routers during a contest next month at the Defcon 22 security conference.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation, a prominent digital privacy rights group, has filed a lawsuit against the U.S. National Security Agency to get it to specify the extent to which it might exploit software security flaws.
A federal judge's order on Friday could force the U.S. government to reveal more information about its widespread collection of citizens' phone records.
A project launched by CloudFlare, a provider of website performance and security services, allows organizations engaged in news gathering, civil society and political or artistic speech to use the company's distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) protec...
A coalition of digital rights groups and Internet companies has launched a campaign, called Reset the Net, to encourage Web users and Internet companies to take measures to use surveillance-resistant privacy tools.
The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a bill that would limit the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic phone records, even as several civil liberties and tech groups withdrew their support after last-minute changes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro review: This feature-packed 15-inch laptop makes a few compromises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC