Guiyu is the town in China where your old electronics go to die. For years, it's been one of the main locations in the world where PCs, phone and other discarded products are shipped in to be pulled apart and recycled. The work is dirty and even hazardous, but lately Guiyu has been trying to clean up its act. Following is a slideshow to give you an idea what it's like.
Electronics manufacturing in pictures
Foxconn is transforming the area around its factory in Zhengzhou, China. Here's a visual tour of the scene.
The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
Apple plans to make its supply chain in China greener as a way to cutdown on carbon emissions from its product manufacturing, the company announced on Monday.
The electronics industry may still be reliant on human workers to assemble products, but Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group is hopeful that robots will take over more of the workload soon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW