The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
Apple plans to make its supply chain in China greener as a way to cutdown on carbon emissions from its product manufacturing, the company announced on Monday.
The electronics industry may still be reliant on human workers to assemble products, but Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group is hopeful that robots will take over more of the workload soon.
Apple has forced its suppliers to end a form of "bonded labor" that saddled assembly line workers with unnecessary hiring fees, and put them in debt to third-party recruiters.
Foxconn Technology Group, a key Apple supplier, is setting a bad example for industry by overworking its staff, according to a Chinese trade union.
The vocational school in Chengdu, China, offers courses in car repair, mechanics and electronics manufacturing, among others.
Already a major manufacturer of electronics, China is preparing to bolster its presence in robotics with the help of government support and investments.
About 1,000 workers at a factory of manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group went on strike on Wednesday demanding better wages, after production orders from Hewlett-Packard were cut, according to a labor protection group.
If you want to see where your old electronics go to die, take a trip to Guiyu. For two decades, PCs, phones and other electronics have been shipped to this town on the southeast coast of China, where locals in thousands of small workshops pull them a...
Guiyu is the town in China where your old electronics go to die. For years, it's been one of the main locations in the world where PCs, phone and other discarded products are shipped in to be pulled apart and recycled. The work is dirty and even haza...
A labor protection group is accusing one of Samsung's suppliers in China of hiring over 10 underage workers to build company components. But the Korean electronics giant was quick to dismiss the allegations, and said it had no "child workers" at the ...
Apple is banning the use of two toxic chemicals from final assembly processes for its products, after watchdog groups demanded the company replace the substances with safer alternatives.
Samsung Electronics is lifting its suspension of a Chinese supplier found using child labor, after local authorities determined that the factory had not intentionally hired the underage workers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT