U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
If you want to see where your old electronics go to die, take a trip to Guiyu. For two decades, PCs, phones and other electronics have been shipped to this town on the southeast coast of China, where locals in thousands of small workshops pull them a...
Guiyu is the town in China where your old electronics go to die. For years, it's been one of the main locations in the world where PCs, phone and other discarded products are shipped in to be pulled apart and recycled. The work is dirty and even haza...
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Apple is offering to recycle its products for free worldwide, and has included even third-party products like mobile phones and PCs in the program in some countries.
An electronics and a recycling trade group are looking for ways to reuse recycled cathode ray tube (CRT) glass from computer monitors and television sets, with a US$10,000 prize for the best proposal.
Electronic waste recycling firm Executive Recycling has been convicted of multiple crimes, including environmental violations related to illegal disposal of e-waste overseas, mail and wire fraud, and smuggling and obstruction, the U.S. Department of ...
First-time surprise entrant Wipro tops the list of rankings in the 18th edition of the Greenpeace "Guide to Greener Electronics," with Apple dropping two spots to sixth compared to last year's study.
All but the smallest electronics retailers in Europe could soon be required to take back unwanted electronics under new measures aimed at reducing e-waste.
The U.S. government will push its electronics suppliers to provide energy-efficient and easily recycled products under a new policy released Wednesday.
New rules on disposing of your old laptop, printer or mobile phone look set to come into force in the European Union. The European Parliament on Thursday voted to pass stricter laws on how the bloc deals with electronic and electrical equipment waste...
Some organizations can earn a profit, or at least reduce the amount they have to pay to dispose of IT equipment, by allowing providers of IT disposal services to sell the assets they take away.
Information technology departments that practice asset management are learning to master the art of retiring hardware at the right time. But making the decision to retire IT gear is just the beginning; tech managers must then figure out what to do wi...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD