Elpida Memory and subsidiary Akita Elpida Memory said Wednesday that they have developed technology to mass-manufacture a four-layer DRAM package just 0.8 millimeters thick that can be used to pack more memory into thinner mobile phones and tablets.
Japanese DRAM maker Elpida Memory on Monday said its factories are operating "at close to normal levels" two weeks after the 9.0-magnitude earthquake in Japan, and that it has "sufficient parts and materials to continue supplying out customers as usu...
The devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan on March 11 took a tragic toll on human life but also rocked markets this week, sending shares of businesses, including technology vendors, on a rollercoaster ride.
Some Japanese chip makers are starting to pick themselves up and resume operations in the earthquake and tsunami-torn northeast.
Prices of widely used chips, including NAND flash memory and DRAM, have both risen sharply since the 9.0-magnitude earthquake struck and hurled tsunami waves at the northeastern part of Japan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC