Elpida Memory and subsidiary Akita Elpida Memory said Wednesday that they have developed technology to mass-manufacture a four-layer DRAM package just 0.8 millimeters thick that can be used to pack more memory into thinner mobile phones and tablets.
Japanese DRAM maker Elpida Memory on Monday said its factories are operating "at close to normal levels" two weeks after the 9.0-magnitude earthquake in Japan, and that it has "sufficient parts and materials to continue supplying out customers as usu...
The devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan on March 11 took a tragic toll on human life but also rocked markets this week, sending shares of businesses, including technology vendors, on a rollercoaster ride.
Some Japanese chip makers are starting to pick themselves up and resume operations in the earthquake and tsunami-torn northeast.
Prices of widely used chips, including NAND flash memory and DRAM, have both risen sharply since the 9.0-magnitude earthquake struck and hurled tsunami waves at the northeastern part of Japan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Portfolio LeadVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW