Taking aim at the growing problem of <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-explosion/the-big-promise-big-data-what-you-need-know-today-585">big data management</a>, EMC has released a data warehouse appliance tweaked to consume lots of data really...
The U.S. government can save more than $US1 trillion over the next 10 years by consolidating its IT infrastructure, reducing its energy use and moving to more Web-based citizen services, a group of tech CEOs said in a report released Wednesday.
Planning a purchase from a major IT vendor? In this still-tough economy, negotiating pros recommend being aggressive and creative, as well as analyzing your requirements first so that you don't buy more than you need and know where you can compromise...
HP has completed its $2.35 billion merger with 3Par, just weeks after thwarting rival Dell in a bidding war for the storage vendor, HP announced Monday.
Orange Business Services has formed an alliance with Cisco, EMC and VMware to help enterprises adopt private clouds, the company said on Monday.
Orange Business Services appears poised to become a cloud service provider using pre-integrated "VBlocks" from Cisco Systems, EMC and VMware.
EMC today announced that it is sponsoring a project to digitize the collections of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum and make them globally accessible via the Internet.
The Queensland Government is to spend $12 million on consolidating its technology infrastructure under its state-owned ICT services provider CITEC.
The Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) coalition has signed up its first Asian operator customer -- Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) -- ten months after the partnership was created to offer packages of hardware and software for data centers, i...
Cisco Systems and distributor Westcon Group North America have agreed to pay the U.S. government $US48 million to settle charges that they misrepresented prices in contracts with the U.S. General Service Administration and other agencies.
After recent settlements by Hewlett-Packard and EMC in a long-standing government contracting fraud case, three major IT and consulting companies are still embroiled in lawsuits brought by two former insiders.
The market for enterprise disk storage systems grew strongly in the second quarter, continuing to recover from a slump brought on by the economic slowdown of 2008 and 2009, research company IDC said on Friday.
VMware's VMworld has quickly become one of the most important business technology conferences of the year. Held at San Francisco's Moscone Center Monday through Thursday of this week, the conference had its share of highlights and interesting facts. ...
A survey of 278 IT managers found that spending on storage systems is expected to remain flat through next year due to a soft economy and new technologies that allow IT administrators to do more with what they already have.
Hewlett-Packard will pay the U.S. government US$55 million to settle allegations that it defrauded the U.S. General Service Administration and other agencies by paying kickbacks to systems integrators in exchange for recommendations that agencies pur...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCScrum MasterACT