EMC may be in the market for security and data analytics acquisitions as it builds out what it calls a federation of businesses among VMware, RSA Security, Pivotal and the company's traditional storage operations.
EMC's introductions this week of its Elastic Cloud Storage Appliance (ECS) and of ViPR 2.0, the latest generation of its enterprise storage virtualization software, are two sides of the same coin.
The IT systems of the past 20 years won't be able to handle the emerging Internet of Things, which will call for cloud computing, virtualization, efficient storage and big-data analysis, according to EMC.
EMC has agreed to acquire DSSD, a Silicon Valley startup developing technology for pooling server-based flash for high-performance data access.
EMC is taking on Amazon's Cloud storage service with a private cloud platform it says will cost less to use.
EMC's big bet on software is likely to get even bigger at this week's EMC World conference in Las Vegas.
EMC will give users a peek at its progress toward software-defined storage next week at EMC World in Las Vegas, demonstrating a virtualized VNX array developed under a program called Project Liberty.
The market for external disk storage systems has recovered from a slump, with factory revenues up 2.4 percent to US$6.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to an IDC study.
If you want to find out how the so-called Internet of things is shaking up the tech industry, Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is the place to be this week.
The source code for an Android mobile banking Trojan app was released on an underground forum, making it possible for a larger number of cybercriminals to launch attacks using this kind of malware in the future.
Retailers will face an increased risk of data breaches after Microsoft ends support for Windows XP, a version of which powers the majority of modern cash registers, security vendor Symantec warned in a report published Monday.
Payment card data was stolen during the past three months from several dozen retailers that had their point-of-sale systems infected with a memory-scraping malware program called ChewBacca.
Security researcher Mikko Hypponen has canceled his talk at a RSA security conference in San Francisco, reacting to a report that the security division of EMC allegedly received US$10 million from the U.S. National Security Agency to use a flawed ran...
Storage vendors struggled with a decline in spending by the U.S. government and increased investment in public cloud capacity during the third quarter, according to IDC.
A legal war between EMC and flash startup Pure Storage has escalated to charges of patent infringement and illegally obtaining a storage array to mine it for intellectual property.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW