EMC's long-awaited entry into all-flash storage arrays will finally get a full-fledged rollout next week, possibly setting the terms for mastery of the fledgling product category along the way.
EMC has sued Pure Storage for allegedly colluding with some of the storage giant's former employees to misappropriate and bring to the startup confidential EMC information and trade secrets, including lists and notes on current and potential customer...
EMC will give users of its Syncplicity file-sharing and synchronization service more control over how their data can be accessed and used, including the ability to make files "time out" on a certain date wherever they may be stored.
Strong earnings news from Internet and IT vendors gave a boost to tech stocks Friday, with Microsoft shares touching a six-year high.
The vendor gets aggressive about enterprise flash arrays, but faces challenges in the data center
EMC's VNX hybrid storage line is now built for flash first, with revamped software that can take full advantage of multicore processors, producing what the company calls a major boost in performance.
Apple, Microsoft, Google and Cisco are flush with cash, and so are many other tech companies
Boosting its portfolio of solid state storage technologies, EMC is acquiring ScaleIO, a purveyor of storage management software, for an undisclosed amount of cash.
With a new set of hardware and software releases, EMC is promising to simplify its customers' storage infrastructure by combining different types of operation into a single EMC system.
EMC is giving enterprises greater control over how corporate data gets distributed and to whom, plus more mobile capabilities, with the latest update to its Syncplicity service.
There may have been a few people who spat out their coffee the morning they read that EMC had unveiled what it called the "world's first" software-defined storage platform, EMC ViPR.
Global sales of external server storage have dropped for the first time since 2009, according to data from research firm IDC.
All that new data flowing into enterprises can bring along an expensive partner: multiple copies.
By now, it's become a tired old tech industry bromide: CIOs need to be business-savvy.
EMC will continue extending its Isilon OneFS network-attached storage operating system to new use cases later this year, adding deduplication, compliance auditing and object storage features.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW