Google will stop selling its Glass head-mounted computer to the public on Jan. 19, as part of other big changes Google is making to the product's program.
The mission of Google's DeepMind Technologies startup is to "solve intelligence." Now, researchers there have developed an artificial intelligence system that can mimic some of the brain's memory skills and even program like a human.
The smartwatch seems to be catching on, at least among early adopters in the tech industry who were on hand for the Samsung Developer Conference.
Ford has announced a new fully automated parking and accident avoidance system that removes control of the car from the driver.
With its acquisition of gesture-recognition company Flutter, Google may be looking to beef up Google Glass and its Android products while also looking to win over the hearts and minds of Apple iPhone users.
UCLA researchers reported this week that they have created a light-emitting electronic display that can be stretched, folded and twisted, while remaining lit and snapping back into its original shape.
By 2020, Nissan will offer self-driving cars in several models created in collaboration with tech teams from the top universities, including MIT, Stanford, Oxford, Carnegie Mellon and the University of Tokyo.
Microsoft is reportedly moving ahead quickly with development of a smartwatch, having reached the prototype stage of a 1.5-in. device running on a modified Windows 8 housed in a translucent aluminum case.
Researchers from Harvard and the University of Illinois have printed precisely interlaced stacks of tiny battery electrodes, each less than the width of a human hair.
Early Monday, a developer announced the release of the first porn app for Google Glass only to learn that Google had banned porn apps for its computerized eyeglasses.
A year before Google's futuristic-looking, computerized eyeglasses are even expected to hit the market, they have been banned -- again.
NASA has launched three Google-HTC Nexus One smartphones into space in what scientists hope will be the lowest-cost satellites ever tested.
A West Virginia state legislator is looking to amend a no-texting-while-driving law by also banning drivers from using computerized glasses.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office yesterday awarded Microsoft 13 design patents for its Surface line of tablets, including their innovative Touch keyboards-slash-covers, according to published documents.
While Samsung's latest smartphone, the Galaxy S4, uses the Qi standard for wireless charging, the company will continue to push the Alliance for Wireless Power's specification as the future standard for mobile devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW