Reports that the next iPhone and iPad could include Near Field Communication (NFC) technology have raised the prospect that many more consumers in the U.S. will soon be able to use their devices to pay for almost anything -- a candy bar, a subway rid...
Intel announced today that it's set to invest $100 million over the next five years into U.S. university research.
We love our gadgets. But they treat us with an indifference that sometimes feels like contempt. They're like cats.
NEW ORLEANS -- The rush to build more powerful supercomputers is part of a larger race to solve some of mankind's biggest problems and threats, and one person on the front line of that effort is Thomas Jordan, the director of the Southern California ...
Physicists at the University of California at Riverside have made a breakthrough in developing a "spin computer," which would combine logic with nonvolatile memory, bypassing the need for computers to boot up.
Solid-state processor maker SandForce today announced a new line of controllers for enterprise-class drives that promise to double I/Os per second (IOPS) for those products.
Google is reportedly set to announce later today that it has developed a JPEG alternative that should speed up the Web.
A majority of mobile application developers see Google's Android as the smart bet over the long run even as they vote for Apple's iOS in the short term, according to a survey published Monday.
Panasonic has developed a hair-washing robot that uses 16 electronically controlled fingers to give a perfect wash and rinse, the company said Friday.
Designer Billy May's concept smartphone, the Seabird, might never be produced. But the underlying concepts in the phone -- and inside May's head-- are a wonder, nonetheless.
The future of computing is all about devices that are not just smarter than today's, but are also more aware of the habits and day-to-day lives of their users, says Justin Rattner, Intel's Chief Technology Officer.
Intel CEO Paul Otellini kicked off the company's annual IDF conference today by announcing that Intel is on track to ship a 22-nanometer processor in 2011.
Google is being somewhat circumspect about whether Android or Chrome will run on future tablet computers, with two top executives hinting recently at different possible directions. Analysts also disagree in their predictions.
Starting Wednesday, September 1, if all goes according to plan, you will be able to order one of the first in what will surely be an avalanche of Android -based tablet computers. That's the day the eLocity A7 , running Android 2.2 and based on the Nv...
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCChange ManagerQLD