Potentially saving the world from another online security disaster like last year's Heartbleed, Amazon Web Services has released as open source a cryptographic module for securing sensitive data passing over the Internet.
Despite a big push over the past few years to use encryption to combat security breaches, lack of expertise among developers and overly complex libraries have led to widespread implementation failures in business applications.
Cisco Systems said on Thursday it released a patch for three products that shipped with default encryption keys, posing a risk that an attacker with the keys could decrypt data traffic.
Israel-based researchers said they've developed a cheaper and faster method to pull the encryption keys stored on a computer using an unlikely accomplice: pita bread.
Let's Encrypt, a project aimed at increasing the use of encryption across websites by issuing free digital certificates, is planning to issue the first ones next month.
The U.S. government is mandating the use of the HTTPS security protocol on all of its public websites and web services by the end of 2016.
A number of high-profile source-code repositories hosted on GitHub could have been modified using weak SSH authentication keys, a security researcher has warned.
Facebook will require application developers to move later this year to a more secure type of digital signature for their apps, which is used to verify a program's legitimacy.
Computer security experts said they've found a new encryption flaw closely related to one found earlier this year that puts Web surfers' data at risk.
Apple and Google are appealing to U.S. President Barack Obama to reject proposals to allow encryption "back doors" in mobile devices.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
Microsoft is betting that good security support will be key to keeping its enterprise customers from straying to rivals.
Mozilla is planning to gradually favor HTTPS (HTTP Secure) connections over non-secure HTTP connections by making some new features on its browser available only to secured sites.
A Utah-based startup has launched a subscription model for buying SSL certificates, an essential but at times onerous task.
Some users whose computers have been infected with a ransomware program called TeslaCrypt might be in luck: security researchers from Cisco Systems have developed a tool to recover their encrypted files.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
- US probe of drone collisions with aircraft points to birds
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
- Stop using SHA1: It’s now completely unsafe
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTJunior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD