Telegram, a messaging application that markets itself as a secure communication tool, doesn't handle encrypted conversations securely, according to the founder of a mobile security company.
It probably comes as no surprise that the director of the U.S. National Security Agency wants access to encrypted data on computers and other devices.
New cases of insecure HTTPS traffic interception are coming to light as researchers probe software programs for implementations that could enable malicious attacks. The latest software to open a man-in-the-middle hole on users' PCs is a new version o...
On Thursday security researchers warned that an adware program called Superfish, which was preloaded on some Lenovo consumer laptops, opened computers to attack. However, it seems that the same poorly designed and flawed traffic interception mechanis...
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Lenovo has admitted it "messed up badly" by pre-loading software on some consumer laptops that exposed users to possible attack, and said it will soon release a tool to remove it.
Some Windows laptops made by Lenovo come pre-loaded with an adware program that exposes users to security risks.
Samsung does not encrypt voice recordings that are collected and transmitted by its smart TVs to a third party service, even though the company has claimed that it uses encryption to secure consumers' personal information.
Starting with Windows 10, Internet Explorer will allow users to access some websites only over SSL-encrypted connections, if those websites have opted into a new security mechanism.
A cyberespionage group with a toolset similar to ones used by U.S. intelligence agencies has infiltrated key institutions in countries including Iran and Russia.
Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
Pro tip for any would-be online drug kingpins: Don't post vacation pictures on Facebook.
ARM's acquisition of Dutch company Offspark shows how chip vendors intend to integrate more security features in their software and hardware to help keep the Internet of Things safe.
Website owners take notice: In weeks, Mozilla products including its popular Firefox browser will stop trusting an unknown number of SSL certificates that were issued using old root CA certificates with 1024-bit RSA keys.
Mozilla has dusted off some decommissioned servers and networking gear and used them to set up high-speed relays on the Tor anonymity network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's greatest crowd-funded travel products online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC