WordPress site owners using the WP-Slimstat plug-in installed should upgrade it to the latest version immediately in order to fix a critical vulnerability, security researchers warn.
Telegram, a messaging application that markets itself as a secure communication tool, doesn't handle encrypted conversations securely, according to the founder of a mobile security company.
It probably comes as no surprise that the director of the U.S. National Security Agency wants access to encrypted data on computers and other devices.
New cases of insecure HTTPS traffic interception are coming to light as researchers probe software programs for implementations that could enable malicious attacks. The latest software to open a man-in-the-middle hole on users' PCs is a new version o...
On Thursday security researchers warned that an adware program called Superfish, which was preloaded on some Lenovo consumer laptops, opened computers to attack. However, it seems that the same poorly designed and flawed traffic interception mechanis...
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Lenovo has admitted it "messed up badly" by pre-loading software on some consumer laptops that exposed users to possible attack, and said it will soon release a tool to remove it.
Some Windows laptops made by Lenovo come pre-loaded with an adware program that exposes users to security risks.
Samsung does not encrypt voice recordings that are collected and transmitted by its smart TVs to a third party service, even though the company has claimed that it uses encryption to secure consumers' personal information.
Starting with Windows 10, Internet Explorer will allow users to access some websites only over SSL-encrypted connections, if those websites have opted into a new security mechanism.
A cyberespionage group with a toolset similar to ones used by U.S. intelligence agencies has infiltrated key institutions in countries including Iran and Russia.
Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
Pro tip for any would-be online drug kingpins: Don't post vacation pictures on Facebook.
ARM's acquisition of Dutch company Offspark shows how chip vendors intend to integrate more security features in their software and hardware to help keep the Internet of Things safe.
Website owners take notice: In weeks, Mozilla products including its popular Firefox browser will stop trusting an unknown number of SSL certificates that were issued using old root CA certificates with 1024-bit RSA keys.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC