WordPress site owners using the WP-Slimstat plug-in installed should upgrade it to the latest version immediately in order to fix a critical vulnerability, security researchers warn.
Telegram, a messaging application that markets itself as a secure communication tool, doesn't handle encrypted conversations securely, according to the founder of a mobile security company.
It probably comes as no surprise that the director of the U.S. National Security Agency wants access to encrypted data on computers and other devices.
New cases of insecure HTTPS traffic interception are coming to light as researchers probe software programs for implementations that could enable malicious attacks. The latest software to open a man-in-the-middle hole on users' PCs is a new version o...
On Thursday security researchers warned that an adware program called Superfish, which was preloaded on some Lenovo consumer laptops, opened computers to attack. However, it seems that the same poorly designed and flawed traffic interception mechanis...
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Lenovo has admitted it "messed up badly" by pre-loading software on some consumer laptops that exposed users to possible attack, and said it will soon release a tool to remove it.
Some Windows laptops made by Lenovo come pre-loaded with an adware program that exposes users to security risks.
Samsung does not encrypt voice recordings that are collected and transmitted by its smart TVs to a third party service, even though the company has claimed that it uses encryption to secure consumers' personal information.
Starting with Windows 10, Internet Explorer will allow users to access some websites only over SSL-encrypted connections, if those websites have opted into a new security mechanism.
A cyberespionage group with a toolset similar to ones used by U.S. intelligence agencies has infiltrated key institutions in countries including Iran and Russia.
Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
Pro tip for any would-be online drug kingpins: Don't post vacation pictures on Facebook.
ARM's acquisition of Dutch company Offspark shows how chip vendors intend to integrate more security features in their software and hardware to help keep the Internet of Things safe.
Website owners take notice: In weeks, Mozilla products including its popular Firefox browser will stop trusting an unknown number of SSL certificates that were issued using old root CA certificates with 1024-bit RSA keys.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia