Telegram, a messaging application that markets itself as a secure communication tool, doesn't handle encrypted conversations securely, according to the founder of a mobile security company.
It probably comes as no surprise that the director of the U.S. National Security Agency wants access to encrypted data on computers and other devices.
New cases of insecure HTTPS traffic interception are coming to light as researchers probe software programs for implementations that could enable malicious attacks. The latest software to open a man-in-the-middle hole on users' PCs is a new version o...
On Thursday security researchers warned that an adware program called Superfish, which was preloaded on some Lenovo consumer laptops, opened computers to attack. However, it seems that the same poorly designed and flawed traffic interception mechanis...
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Lenovo has admitted it "messed up badly" by pre-loading software on some consumer laptops that exposed users to possible attack, and said it will soon release a tool to remove it.
Some Windows laptops made by Lenovo come pre-loaded with an adware program that exposes users to security risks.
Samsung does not encrypt voice recordings that are collected and transmitted by its smart TVs to a third party service, even though the company has claimed that it uses encryption to secure consumers' personal information.
Starting with Windows 10, Internet Explorer will allow users to access some websites only over SSL-encrypted connections, if those websites have opted into a new security mechanism.
A cyberespionage group with a toolset similar to ones used by U.S. intelligence agencies has infiltrated key institutions in countries including Iran and Russia.
Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
Pro tip for any would-be online drug kingpins: Don't post vacation pictures on Facebook.
ARM's acquisition of Dutch company Offspark shows how chip vendors intend to integrate more security features in their software and hardware to help keep the Internet of Things safe.
Website owners take notice: In weeks, Mozilla products including its popular Firefox browser will stop trusting an unknown number of SSL certificates that were issued using old root CA certificates with 1024-bit RSA keys.
Mozilla has dusted off some decommissioned servers and networking gear and used them to set up high-speed relays on the Tor anonymity network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA