Revenue in the IT segment of the world's smart electricity delivery industry is likely to have grown by 23 percent, to US$9.4 billion, in 2012, in support of smart grid deployments, according to a new study.
A power station in the south of Iran has been hit by a cyberattack, an Iranian news agency reported Tuesday, citing a local civil defense official. But now agency and official are in dispute over whether he really made the remarks.
Google has paid US$94 million for a stake in four photovoltaic power generation projects around Sacramento, California, bringing its total investment in renewable energy generation this year to $880 million, it announced Tuesday.
Using concepts from IT and networking, a Japanese consortium plans to develop large-scale energy grids that will handle power the way the Internet handles data, using "routers" and "service providers" to efficiently manage and direct the flow of elec...
Something has gone terribly wrong on the plant floor at ACME Specialty Chemical International Inc.
How does the federal government go about implementing green IT? According to a report out today from the Government Accountability Office, the feds have adopted a number of practices that are useful not just for government IT but all manner of privat...
The night before the start of this week's Black Hat hacker conference here in Las Vegas, security researcher Dillon Beresford gave a demonstration to a small audience in his room at Caesar's Palace. The topic: how a hacker could take over the Siemens...
Intel is developing a Windows application, Personal Office Energy Monitor (POEM), that will allow workers to monitor in real time the energy consumed by their PC, printer, heating and lighting.
Two vulnerabilities found in industrial control system software made in China but used worldwide could be remotely exploited by attackers, according to a warning issued on Thursday by the U.S. Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team ...
Siemens has fixed bugs in its Simatic S7 industrial computer systems, used to control machines on factory floors, power stations and chemical plants.
A security researcher who says he's found serious problems with Siemens computers used in power plants and heavy industry is now expecting to go public with his research at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas.
Siemens is working on a fix for some serious vulnerabilities recently discovered in its industrial control system products used to manage machines on the factory floor.
A planned presentation on security vulnerabilities in Siemens industrial control systems was pulled Wednesday over worries that the information in the talk was too dangerous to be released.
If there's a lesson to be learned from last year's Stuxnet worm, it's that the private sector needs to be able to respond quickly to cyber-emergencies, the head of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said Monday.
One day after a hacker posted screen shots and data to a hacking mailing list, saying he had broken into a New Mexico wind turbine facility, the company that runs the turbines says it has seen no evidence of a computer intrusion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW