One day after a hacker posted screen shots and data to a hacking mailing list, saying he had broken into a New Mexico wind turbine facility, the company that runs the turbines says it has seen no evidence of a computer intrusion.
Claiming revenge for an "illegitimate firing," someone has posted screenshots and other data, apparently showing that he was able to break a 200 megawat wind turbine system owned by NextEra Energy Resources, a subsidiary of Florida Power & Light.
A research team from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) led by Dr. Daniel Nocera, Ph.D., claims to have made a drastic discovery in the world of sustainable energy by developing the first "practical" artificial leaf. These leaves are act...
Tokyo and surrounding areas face a large shortfall in electricity this summer and blackouts could become more frequent and widespread, Tokyo Electric Power warned on Friday.
East Japan entered its fifth day of power rationing on Friday, with no end to the planned blackouts in sight. The power shortages began last week when a massive earthquake and tsunami knocked nuclear power stations offline. The local electrical util...
You are probably all very aware now of the problems facing Japan after an earthquake and tsunami pretty much destroyed a large area of the country. Many of you are wishing there was more you could do than just donate money too. If you are handy at ma...
Tucked in a dark corner of the Cebit trade show, in Hall 2, lies a mousetrap. Not just any old mousetrap, but a wireless-enabled one.
Open democracy, open borders and open standards were the themes to which speakers returned again and again at the opening ceremony for the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, on Monday night.
A subsidiary of AU Optronics, one of Taiwan's top panel makers, will open a solar factory in Taiwan late this year to save money and increase competitiveness in a growing industry.
I recently toured IBM's headquarters in Armonk, NY. The 280,000 square foot facility that was built in 1997 during the Lou Gerstner era, is currently serving as a pilot project for IBM's soon-to-be launched Smart Building solution. For an investment ...
BP ignored the advice of safety critical software in an attempt to save time before the disastrous Gulf of Mexico oil spill, according to a presentation slide prepared by US investigators.
If we start with an oversimplified idea that "Smart Grids = Grids + ICT," then it is obvious that utilities IT budgets have a direct effect on our future achievements of a Smart Grid. However, while there is growing excitement in the market concernin...
The race is on to demonstrate that your integrated building energy management platform will drive Smart Buildings. Headlines are popping up every day announcing new ways to increase energy efficiency, drive down electricity consumption, or effectivel...
IDC Energy Insights hosted its semi-annual Clean Energy Outlook in Boulder, Colorado on Tuesday, September 28th. A series of speakers, including IDC Energy Insights analysts, spoke on a range of topics, many of which touched on renewable energy and t...
On Oct. 7, the Department of Energy released "<a href="http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy10osti/40745.pdf">Large-Scale Offshore Wind Power in the United States: Assessment of Opportunities and Barriers</a>."&nbsp; A couple highlights from this 240-page ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW