Paving the way for more flexible use of its platform as a service (PaaS), Engine Yard has revamped its user interface and underlying infrastructure, which should provide customers with more ways to configure and run their workloads.
Oracle has taken a minority stake in Engine Yard, maker of a PaaS (platform as a service) for Ruby, PHP and Node.js applications, the company announced Tuesday. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Independent platform-as-a-service providers acknowledge that theirs is a crowded market, especially with big IT vendors like Oracle, Hewlett-Packard and Dell entering as competitors, but they expressed confidence this week that there is room in the m...
Platform-as-a-service provider Engine Yard is adding support for Node.js as part of a new program at the company designed to help it quickly experiment with new features and services.
As midyear approaches, Oracle has made only two small acquisitions. This is out of character for a vendor that has made buying other companies a core growth strategy, doing as many as 13 deals each year since 2005, for a total of roughly 70 since the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW