An SAP implementation conducted by the city government of Portland, Oregon, went badly awry due to planning and project leadership problems, resulting in skyrocketing costs and a protracted time line, according to a report released Tuesday by the cit...
Oracle's potential damages in its corporate-theft lawsuit against SAP have been reduced by US$500 million following an order from Judge Phyllis Hamilton, SAP said on Tuesday.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison faced tough questioning on the witness stand Monday morning about the effects of TomorrowNow's intellectual-property theft on his company.
Lumber Liquidators is attributing a weak third quarter to a complex SAP implementation, saying the project imposed a significant drain on worker productivity. But the problems appear to be largely related to employees having trouble acclimating to th...
Former Oracle President Charles Phillips testified in court Thursday that he would have been "terrified" to learn SAP had gained access to Oracle's software and that SAP would have had to pay "at least 3 or 4 billion dollars" to license it.
The Oracle Applications Users Group is urging members running an older version of E-Business Suite to ensure they have all the necessary patches needed to qualify for extended support.
Lawyers for Oracle and SAP made their opening arguments Tuesday in the companies' TomorrowNow lawsuit, with each side giving a very different story to the jury about how damages in the case should be calculated.
Oracle announced Tuesday that it plans to buy e-commerce vendor Art Technology Group for about $US1 billion. The deal is expected to be completed early next year.
The last month has seen a blur of activity in Oracle's corporate theft lawsuit against SAP, which goes to trial in a California district court on Monday morning. SAP has conceded some misdeeds, Oracle has made a meal of it in the press, and HP has so...
With the aim of replacing the venerable clipboard with a much more versatile handheld device, IBM has updated its Maximo asset management software so that it can be accessed by iPhones and Androids.
Best Practices: It's an often overused term that can apply to literally any decision-making process: parenting quandaries, personal finance questions, buying a house, getting a job, or selecting a puppy breed.
SAP is seeking a court order to prevent Oracle's lawyers from making public statements about the companies' TomorrowNow lawsuit, fearing the talk will influence potential jurors and prevent SAP from getting a fair trial, according to an SAP motion fi...
SAP customers will soon have more options and tools for deploying the company's software on private clouds, according to an announcement made Tuesday at the Tech Ed conference in Las Vegas.
Microsoft is hoping to lure business away from Salesforce.com with a new offer that allows customers to buy Dynamics CRM Online seats for US$34 per user per month for the first year of service, a roughly 25 percent drop from the current $44 monthly c...
SAP is unleashing a set of "Rapid Deployment" software applications that can be rolled out in as little as 12 weeks, the company announced Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA