Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 are due for release next month, but chip supplier Advanced Micro Devices is already teasing chip upgrades that could make the game consoles faster and more power-efficient.
He may have angered his customers in the process, but Larry Ellison's Oracle Team USA completed a stunning comeback on Wednesday to snatch the America's Cup sailing trophy from New Zealand in the last race of the competition.
Several network initiatives that AT&T is unveiling this week show the carrier is far from finished advancing its network even as it achieves a broad footprint with LTE.
Tumblr is working to resolve an issue causing seemingly random content to be posted to people's blogs that they didn't put there themselves, with pornography showing up in some instances.
Google has introduced a cheaper rival product to the Apple TV set-top box with Chromecast, a small portable device that streams video and music from people's computers and mobile devices to their televisions.
Netflix' series House of Cards and Arrested Development both gathered several major Emmy nominations during Thursday morning's announcement of the 65th annual Awards.
A New Hampshire design firm is using its expertise in 3D modeling and music in a new business making custom wood guitars.
European Union music lovers may soon have more ways to buy music online, thanks to a draft law approved by the European Parliament’s legal affairs committee on Tuesday.
Cisco Systems and Google will give digital-video-recorder pioneer TiVo lump-sum payments totaling US$490 million as part of a deal that will end the companies' litigation over patents for set-top technology.
The Colour the Bridge project, part of the annual Vivid Sydney light festival, lights up the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 3200 programmed LED lights and fiber optics, giving the otherwise gray concrete-and-steel structure a totally different appearance...
Judging from the number of people poring over their smartphones on the sidewalk, in their cars and in public places, mobile seems to have stolen our attention away from the wired Internet and traditional TV.
Internet communities are more trustworthy than some big corporations, but mobile is proving a hard nut to crack even for the best of them, actor and venture capitalist Ashton Kutcher told CTIA Wireless Thursday.
A new feature released Tuesday from children's app maker Kidaptive lets parents track the progress of what their children are learning inside the company's first story and game application.
Not everything on YouTube is free any more. The video-sharing website will now charge users a monthly fee to view certain content offered through subscription channels, the Google-owned site announced Thursday.
A new survey suggests that large datacentres might be less energy efficient than was previously thought.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC