Akamai Technologies demonstrated a prototype second-screen system that presents complementary content on a smartphone or tablet that is synchronized with what's happening on the main television screen.
Walt Disney has shut down in-house development at LucasArts, the gaming arm of Lucasfilm, less than a year after buying its parent company.
Selling a pre-owned digital music file is quite different from selling an old CD in the physical world, and may infringe copyright, a court in New York has ruled.
Imagine you're working out with friends at the gym and you all want to listen to a song, but only one person has it downloaded. Not a problem: Beaming the song from one smartphone to any number of other devices is a little easier now with a new app.
Vine's branching out. Videos made with the trendy Twitter-owned mobile app can now be posted anywhere on the Web.
Instead of charging directly at the player in the craggy martian landscape, as they might do normally, the aliens zigzag to take cover behind boulders and outcrops of rock, adjusting their approach as the hero opts for a less conspicuous route to his...
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Artificial intelligence, a field of programming employed by video game developers to make characters smarter and improve their decisions, still has a ways to go before it actually yields intelligent characters.
South by Southwest Interactive is such a massive technology conference with so much activity and many ideas being thrown around at once that it can be hard to give an overall feel for the Austin, Texas, extravaganza using just words.
Samsung has announced a new service that will make searching for movies and shows easier on TV, smartphones and tablets.
After a seven-year wait, Sony's PlayStation 4 has finally been announced.
On Monday The Pirate Bay, the world’s largest file sharing site, reported an anti-piracy organization to Finnish police for allegedly breaching its copyright.
Internet use fell in U.S. homes but soared inside the Superdome during this year's Super Bowl.
Civil liberties activists attending the European Commission's new copyright talks on Monday declared the process a "waste of time" and an "outrageous attempt to avoid copyright reform."
The blocked Facebook friend-search feature on Twitter's new Vine mobile video app may be an annoyance for users, but it's all part of the social networking game.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD