The parent of Apple supplier Foxconn has broken ground on a new R&D (research and development) facility in Taiwan to produce what could be robots that will be used in the company's manufacturing facilities.
Hewlett-Packard is developing servers based on a low-power microprocessor design from ARM Holdings, and claims it can slash power and space requirements by as much as 90 percent for companies running certain Web-based applications, HP announced Tuesd...
There are rare-earth elements in your computer, digital camera, television, smartphone, in the batteries of hybrid vehicles, in long-lasting lightbulbs and serving as critical magnets in guided missiles.
By launching the Open Compute Project as a stand-alone foundation, Facebook is hoping to further standardize the market for data center equipment, thereby reducing costs and vendor lock-in, the new foundation's board members said at a press conferenc...
Facebook has begun building a data center in Lulea, Sweden, where it will benefit from cheap electricity and year-round free air cooling, the company announced Thursday.
The Uptime Institute has launched its first Server Roundup Contest to encourage data center operators to retire obsolete servers and reduce their energy consumption.
Sony said Thursday it has been forced to postpone the launch of a new camera and cut production of another because a factory in Thailand has been affected by the widespread flooding there.
For months, Luo Xiaoqiang has lived with an odor she describes as a mix of chemical fertilizer and burning plastic.
3M has developed a see-through film that turns ordinary windows into solar panels. It will go sale next year.
All but the smallest electronics retailers in Europe could soon be required to take back unwanted electronics under new measures aimed at reducing e-waste.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has reached an agreement on ways to measure the impact of IT systems on the environment, in an effort to standardize the widely varying estimates now in use, the group said Wednesday.
SPEC, the standards body for performance benchmarks, has developed a tool-kit to help more accurately measure the energy efficiency of servers.
Foxconn, the maker of electronics equipment including Apple's iPhone, said a fire broke out on Tuesday at one of the company's facilities in China, that was quickly put out with no injuries reported.
Apple held talks with Chinese environmental groups earlier this month after the US tech giant was criticized for using manufacturers accused of polluting the environment in China.
Japan's richest entrepreneur outlined a plan Monday to rebuild the country's energy infrastructure in the wake of its nuclear disaster, shifting the majority of supply to natural, renewable resources by 2030.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million US patient records on a black market
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW