Apple has requested a Chinese environmental group to hold talks on a report that accuses the company's suppliers of polluting the environment and endangering the lives of residents.
Environmental groups in China criticized Apple on Wednesday, alleging that it is employing suppliers that are damaging the environment and threatening the lives of residents. Apple, however, maintains the company has been vigilant in ensuring all its...
Some residents of a small town in Iowa have cut their electricity use by 11 percent in a test that combines smart meters with cloud-based data analytics.
Staff were evacuated at several data centers following Tuesday's earthquake but operations at most facilities appear to have been unaffected, according to Twitter posts and other sources.
Earlier this year, social networking giant Facebook finished construction of its newest data center in Pineville, Oregon. In a press release, Facebook officials touted the new facility as "setting new standards for environmental responsibility in dat...
How does the federal government go about implementing green IT? According to a report out today from the Government Accountability Office, the feds have adopted a number of practices that are useful not just for government IT but all manner of privat...
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Foxconn, the maker of Apple's iPhone and iPad, plans to rely more on robots for manufacturing over the coming years, allowing the company to invest more in research and development and save on labor costs.
Dell said Thursday it will warranty servers to run at 113 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius) for a limited number of hours per year, so that customers can make wider use of "fresh-air cooling" in their data centers.
An employee of Foxconn fell to his death in China earlier this week, just a year after a string of suicides at its facilities in the country.
The U.S. government will push its electronics suppliers to provide energy-efficient and easily recycled products under a new policy released Wednesday.
Set-top boxes supplied by cable companies are likely using more power than desktop and laptop computers, and about 25 per cent of the power used by a two-socket server.
Some residents of Quincy, Washington, home of massive data centers operated by Microsoft, Yahoo and others, are growing concerned about pollution from backup diesel generators at the data centers, and on Wednesday they'll have the chance to discuss t...
Intel is adding new sensors to its server chips to help companies improve the efficiency of data center cooling systems, with a view to cutting operating costs and prolonging the life of equipment.
Even though the U.S. White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has pushed government agencies to reduce the number of data centers they operate, a new survey has found that most agencies aren't tracking how close to capacity their data center...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top-level domain expansion is a security risk for business computers
- EU prepares to end geoblocking in online sales of goods and services
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW