The Green Electronics Council plans to expand its EPEAT environmental rating system later this year to include smartphones, the council said Tuesday.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group also wants to ride the upcoming wave of wearable tech, and has unveiled a wristband that can monitor a user's health and sync with a smartphone.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group is on track with its goal to a create a "million robot army", and already has 20,000 robotic machines in its factories, said the company's CEO Terry Gou on Wednesday.
A big data project called Digital Delta aims to investigate how to transform flood control and the management of the entire Dutch water system and save up to 15 percent of the annual Dutch water management budget.
Fairphone has received enough orders to start production on what it says is a smartphone that will be built according to ethical standards, designed and produced with minimal harm to people and the planet.
A 14-year-old worker has been found dead after working at an electronics factory in China that may make products for Asus, another potential case of underage labor abuse in the country.
Three workers at Foxconn factories in China have fallen to their deaths in recent weeks and police are investigating, according to the company.
Google I/O is getting most of the attention this week, but a conference at the other end of Silicon Valley showed there's plenty of innovation happening in the word of data centers, too.
Employees at the Chinese factories of Apple supplier Foxconn continue to work beyond the country's legal limit of 49 hours a month, according to a report from the Fair Labor Association (FLA). But the Taiwanese manufacturer is making overall steady p...
A data center in Sweden has cut its energy bills by a million dollars a year using seawater to cool its servers, though jellyfish are an occasional hazard.
A new survey from the Uptime Institute suggests fatigue is setting in when it comes to making data centers greener, and it may be partly due to overachievers like Google and Microsoft.
Networks could use far less energy by 2020 even though they'll be carrying much more traffic, an industry group says.
Ericsson and Vodafone in Egypt have successfully tested a new way to build more energy-efficient networks in rural areas, and make it possible to build networks where they previously could not be built, according to the vendor.
An electronics and a recycling trade group are looking for ways to reuse recycled cathode ray tube (CRT) glass from computer monitors and television sets, with a US$10,000 prize for the best proposal.
Exponential growth in the use of computers, smartphones and other networked devices could cause the environmental impact of the ICT sector to increase dramatically between now and 2020, according to a new report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW