Recent data breaches at Sony's PlayStation Network and at e-mail service provider Epsilon will lead to legislation focused on improving cybersecurity at U.S. companies, the chairwoman of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Thursday.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new data security regulations for businesses in response to recent data breaches at Sony, Epsilon and other companies, members of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Wednesday.
The ultimate fee for the data breach last month at email service provider Epsilon could reach as high as $4 billion, depending on what becomes of the data that was stolen, according to a cyber-risk advisory firm.
E-mail marketing giant Epsilon will build an industry-leading security system in response to a March 30 breach in which thieves gained access to the e-mail addresses and names of partner's customers, the CEO of Epsilon's parent company said Thursday.
Seems that the recent Epsilon breach has rankled a couple members of the U.S. Senate who are now pushing for further investigation into the irritating violation of privacy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW