Recent data breaches at Sony's PlayStation Network and at e-mail service provider Epsilon will lead to legislation focused on improving cybersecurity at U.S. companies, the chairwoman of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Thursday.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new data security regulations for businesses in response to recent data breaches at Sony, Epsilon and other companies, members of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Wednesday.
The ultimate fee for the data breach last month at email service provider Epsilon could reach as high as $4 billion, depending on what becomes of the data that was stolen, according to a cyber-risk advisory firm.
E-mail marketing giant Epsilon will build an industry-leading security system in response to a March 30 breach in which thieves gained access to the e-mail addresses and names of partner's customers, the CEO of Epsilon's parent company said Thursday.
Seems that the recent Epsilon breach has rankled a couple members of the U.S. Senate who are now pushing for further investigation into the irritating violation of privacy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
- Google’s Sundar Pichai has been hacked - which CEO will be next?
- EU is preparing adwords antitrust complaint against Google
- Bart ransomware shows it can be effective without sophisticated encryption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT