Dell today announced a new appliance that allows its block-based storage area network (SAN) to store file-based data under one unified management interface.
Storage products from Dell's Compellent unit will integrate technologies from Dell's earlier acquisitions to better enable these products to target large enterprise customers, an executive of the unit said.
Over the last year, Dell acquired clustered storage vendor Exanet, data compression vendor Ocarina and SAN vendor Compellent .
Dell is set to roll out significant enhancements to its EqualLogic storage line on Wednesday, along with its first rebadged Juniper Networks products and other updates to its storage and networking lines, all part of a mission to carve out a place in...
Dell entered the Fibre Channel over Ethernet market last week with OEM deals from Brocade and QLogic and endorsed 10Gigabit Ethernet as a customer's technology of choice.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW