Microsoft will soon allow customers of Internet business exchange (IBX) provider Equinix to directly connect servers into the Windows Azure network, which could speed throughput of hybrid cloud applications.
Businesses that want to take advantage of the maturing cloud marketplace in 2012 can learn from some common mistakes others have made when moving to infrastructure- and platform-as-a-service offerings, experts said.
Equinix has launched an online marketplace for its data center customers, to make it easier for them to buy and sell network, managed hosting and other services among themselves.
Name: Keith Taylor
Alcatel-Lucent and data services provider Equinix have developed a program aimed at helping Ethernet carriers interconnect their networks.
After the dot-com bubble burst in 2001, mothballed data centers operated by bankrupt companies such as Exodus and PSINet were the most visible signs of the IT-driven downturn. Today, despite the worst recession in 50 years, Web hosting is one of the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC