Ericsson has sued Indian mobile handset vendor Micromax in an Indian court, alleging infringement of eight of its patents without payment of any consideration.
Chip maker, ST-Ericsson, will be wound down as parents STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have decided to take over some parts of the company, including LTE modems and application processors, and close or sell the rest.
ST-Ericsson's CEO Didier Lamouche has decided to resign from his post as owner Ericsson looks for a way to ensure its future.
There has to be a sea change in how mobile operators build their networks and implement new services, and virtualization will make it possible, carriers and equipment vendors say.
Ericsson and SAP will jointly market and sell cloud-based, machine-to-machine (M2M) products and services to enterprises via operators around the globe.
Adding small cells to mobile networks made up of full-sized base stations should help to fuel more voice and data calls, but outdoors, linking those dispersed cells to wired networks presents its own problems.
Ericsson is aiming to make mobile networks better at handling HD video by improving the performance of regular base stations and adding small cells in a coordinated way.
In an effort to make it easier to connect vehicles, Ericsson and Gemalto have joined forces on embedded SIMs.
An ITU group has approved a successor to the H.264 video encoding standard, opening the door to future video transmission using only half the bandwidth that's now required.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has voted to investigate whether Ericsson has infringed Samsung Electronics patents related to wireless communication equipment, the agency said Friday.
Mobile 4G technology company Adaptix has filed a patent complaint related to wireless base stations against Ericsson at the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Ericsson has agreed to transfer 1,922 patents and 263 patent applications to Unwired Planet in return for a share in ongoing revenue from the patents.
IPv6, the next version of the Internet Protocol, could make life easier and battery life longer for electronics-addicted consumers.
The U.S. International Trade Commission is investigating Samsung for possible trade violations in response to a complaint filed by Swedish network equipment vendor Ericsson.
Just a few days after Ericsson filed several patent-infringement lawsuits against Samsung in the U.S., the Swedish mobile phone company also filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking for an import ban of a wide rang...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW