Ericsson has sued Indian mobile handset vendor Micromax in an Indian court, alleging infringement of eight of its patents without payment of any consideration.
Chip maker, ST-Ericsson, will be wound down as parents STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have decided to take over some parts of the company, including LTE modems and application processors, and close or sell the rest.
ST-Ericsson's CEO Didier Lamouche has decided to resign from his post as owner Ericsson looks for a way to ensure its future.
There has to be a sea change in how mobile operators build their networks and implement new services, and virtualization will make it possible, carriers and equipment vendors say.
Ericsson and SAP will jointly market and sell cloud-based, machine-to-machine (M2M) products and services to enterprises via operators around the globe.
Adding small cells to mobile networks made up of full-sized base stations should help to fuel more voice and data calls, but outdoors, linking those dispersed cells to wired networks presents its own problems.
Ericsson is aiming to make mobile networks better at handling HD video by improving the performance of regular base stations and adding small cells in a coordinated way.
In an effort to make it easier to connect vehicles, Ericsson and Gemalto have joined forces on embedded SIMs.
An ITU group has approved a successor to the H.264 video encoding standard, opening the door to future video transmission using only half the bandwidth that's now required.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has voted to investigate whether Ericsson has infringed Samsung Electronics patents related to wireless communication equipment, the agency said Friday.
Mobile 4G technology company Adaptix has filed a patent complaint related to wireless base stations against Ericsson at the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Ericsson has agreed to transfer 1,922 patents and 263 patent applications to Unwired Planet in return for a share in ongoing revenue from the patents.
IPv6, the next version of the Internet Protocol, could make life easier and battery life longer for electronics-addicted consumers.
The U.S. International Trade Commission is investigating Samsung for possible trade violations in response to a complaint filed by Swedish network equipment vendor Ericsson.
Just a few days after Ericsson filed several patent-infringement lawsuits against Samsung in the U.S., the Swedish mobile phone company also filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking for an import ban of a wide rang...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
- More than half the world is still offline
- Consumer Office 365 subscription growth slows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia