A surveillance law that was rushed through by the U.K. government will be reviewed by the country's High Court to determine if it violates human rights.
The European Commission on Monday issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, saying the deal would harm competition in the database market.
The European Union (EU)'s antitrust agency may force Microsoft to include rival browsers in Windows, according to a regulatory filing submitted last week by the US software developer.
The European Union's antitrust agency on Saturday confirmed that it has charged Microsoft with breaking the law, saying that the company "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from "head-to-head competition" by bundling its browser with Windows.
Broadband access to the internet should be a universal service for all European Union citizens, the European Commission said Thursday as it launched a debate on the issue with policy makers, industry and the public.
Europe's efforts to internationalize the running of the Internet's governance body were criticized by three leading trade groups Monday for failing to take account of the needs of the private sector.
The European Union is refining a set of guidelines that would strengthen its ability to respond to computer security crises as well as ensure Internet infrastructure in member countries is more resilient.
Microsoft's plan to strip out its Internet Explorer (IE) browser from Windows 7 in Europe, due for sale in the fall, is designed to force the European Commission's hand as it devises an antitrust remedy to restore fair competition in the browser mark...
The European Commission unveiled a long-awaited draft recommendation Friday for how to create new fiber-optic-based telecommunication networks throughout Europe, but the move was heavily criticized from both sides in the debate over next-generation n...
The European Commission is seeking to strengthen cooperation between law enforcement and private industry worldwide as well as increase penalties for those engaged in cybercrime, a senior official said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- ZTE's Quartz smartwatch: A good idea hindered by its OS
- Read all about IT: CEOs see IT as more important than ever
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC