A surveillance law that was rushed through by the U.K. government will be reviewed by the country's High Court to determine if it violates human rights.
The European Commission on Monday issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, saying the deal would harm competition in the database market.
The European Union (EU)'s antitrust agency may force Microsoft to include rival browsers in Windows, according to a regulatory filing submitted last week by the US software developer.
The European Union's antitrust agency on Saturday confirmed that it has charged Microsoft with breaking the law, saying that the company "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from "head-to-head competition" by bundling its browser with Windows.
Broadband access to the internet should be a universal service for all European Union citizens, the European Commission said Thursday as it launched a debate on the issue with policy makers, industry and the public.
Europe's efforts to internationalize the running of the Internet's governance body were criticized by three leading trade groups Monday for failing to take account of the needs of the private sector.
The European Union is refining a set of guidelines that would strengthen its ability to respond to computer security crises as well as ensure Internet infrastructure in member countries is more resilient.
Microsoft's plan to strip out its Internet Explorer (IE) browser from Windows 7 in Europe, due for sale in the fall, is designed to force the European Commission's hand as it devises an antitrust remedy to restore fair competition in the browser mark...
The European Commission unveiled a long-awaited draft recommendation Friday for how to create new fiber-optic-based telecommunication networks throughout Europe, but the move was heavily criticized from both sides in the debate over next-generation n...
The European Commission is seeking to strengthen cooperation between law enforcement and private industry worldwide as well as increase penalties for those engaged in cybercrime, a senior official said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC