As European Union lawmakers in the Commission, Parliament and Council debate a new data protection law, the EU's data protection watchdog has chimed in, expressing some concerns and saying individuals' privacy rights should be at the core of the legi...
Google is now requiring that publishers that carry its ads comply with a European Union directive and ask their site visitors' for permission before setting cookies on their computers.
Qualcomm is under investigation by the European Union's antitrust authority, which suspects the company of abusing its dominant position in the market for 3G and 4G chipsets used in smartphones and tablets.
A large majority of the European Parliament took a strong stance against geoblocking of online content in a report calling on the European Commission to reform E.U. copyright laws.
European Union citizens got their first look at draft net neutrality laws on Wednesday, more than a week after the European Parliament and the Council of the EU reached an agreement. Digital rights activists are guardedly optimistic about the guarant...
European Union citizens will have to wait another couple of years before they are able to use their mobile phones anywhere within the EU without surcharge, after a compromise reached by lawmakers Monday night.
Google has managed to push the resolution of the antitrust case brought against it by the European Commission until after the long summer vacation.
Pressure is mounting in the European Union to subject companies including Google, Twitter, eBay and Facebook to the same critical IT infrastructure security requirements as banks or energy networks.
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
The European Commission is almost ready to file final antitrust charges against Google: It has shared a redacted copy of charges with complainants and given them four weeks to provide additional evidence and comments.
The European Union faces a huge shortfall of qualified IT staff in Europe by 2020, prompting EU countries to redouble efforts to offer technology training.
Amazon.com's e-book distribution deals are coming under close scrutiny from the European Commission, which has begun a formal antitrust investigation into the company's contracts with publishers.
Almost one in five electronics retailers are still not providing consumers with enough information about their legal rights to a guarantee, according to the European Commission.
In a bid to fight tax avoidance by international business behemoths like Amazon and Apple, the European Commission is proposing mandatory rules to make companies pay taxes to all the countries in which they generate profit.
Amazon has changed its tax-payment practices in Europe, but that is not going to halt the European Commission's investigation into what it considers to be a likely illegal tax deal with Luxembourg.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC