As European Union lawmakers in the Commission, Parliament and Council debate a new data protection law, the EU's data protection watchdog has chimed in, expressing some concerns and saying individuals' privacy rights should be at the core of the legi...
Google is now requiring that publishers that carry its ads comply with a European Union directive and ask their site visitors' for permission before setting cookies on their computers.
Qualcomm is under investigation by the European Union's antitrust authority, which suspects the company of abusing its dominant position in the market for 3G and 4G chipsets used in smartphones and tablets.
A large majority of the European Parliament took a strong stance against geoblocking of online content in a report calling on the European Commission to reform E.U. copyright laws.
European Union citizens got their first look at draft net neutrality laws on Wednesday, more than a week after the European Parliament and the Council of the EU reached an agreement. Digital rights activists are guardedly optimistic about the guarant...
European Union citizens will have to wait another couple of years before they are able to use their mobile phones anywhere within the EU without surcharge, after a compromise reached by lawmakers Monday night.
Google has managed to push the resolution of the antitrust case brought against it by the European Commission until after the long summer vacation.
Pressure is mounting in the European Union to subject companies including Google, Twitter, eBay and Facebook to the same critical IT infrastructure security requirements as banks or energy networks.
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
The European Commission is almost ready to file final antitrust charges against Google: It has shared a redacted copy of charges with complainants and given them four weeks to provide additional evidence and comments.
The European Union faces a huge shortfall of qualified IT staff in Europe by 2020, prompting EU countries to redouble efforts to offer technology training.
Amazon.com's e-book distribution deals are coming under close scrutiny from the European Commission, which has begun a formal antitrust investigation into the company's contracts with publishers.
Almost one in five electronics retailers are still not providing consumers with enough information about their legal rights to a guarantee, according to the European Commission.
In a bid to fight tax avoidance by international business behemoths like Amazon and Apple, the European Commission is proposing mandatory rules to make companies pay taxes to all the countries in which they generate profit.
Amazon has changed its tax-payment practices in Europe, but that is not going to halt the European Commission's investigation into what it considers to be a likely illegal tax deal with Luxembourg.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia